Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Click the link! Buy now!
Wonder Woman Premium Format™ Figure by Sideshow Collectibles

300115-product-feature1-740x448.jpg

Classic and possible New 52 Wonder Woman :yess:

Saturday said:
Q. HOW SOON WILL WE SEE A WONDER WOMAN PREMIUM FORMAT FIGURE, AND WILL IT BE THE CLASSIC COSTUME OR THE NEW 52 STYLE?

A. Wonder Woman is currently in sculpt, and is likely to see a big debut in late 2012. She’ll be wearing her classic costume for the first Premium Format, but may very well slip into her New 52 look in the future.

With Wonder Woman, quite a well known A-list character coming late 2012, it looks like it's going to be quite a while for some of the more lesser known DC characters to come along :(

But the Princess is getting some love :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Wonder Woman for late 2012

Sideshow usually mixes it up with more and less well known characters. I think they will front load this with the big 3, but I don't think we'll be waiting forever before we start seeing some lesser known characters getting some statues, as well.

This is one that I'll buy despite the fact that I'm not a huge fan of the character, but will feel compelled to get so I can have all the more classic, iconic DC characters released. Same reason I got the comic styled Thor PF.

I admire your commitment to a full line up. I couldn't do that with something as big as these.

I love Wonder Woman. She's second only to Batman in my book. This will be a major event for me. It's rare she gets the treatment she deserves so the anticipation will be brutal.

I admire your commitment to a full line up. I couldn't do that with something as big as these.

I love Wonder Woman. She's second only to Batman in my book. This will be a major event for me. It's rare she gets the treatment she deserves so the anticipation will be brutal.

Put it this way, you now know when to expect her so you won't be racking your brain think when is she gonna come along.

Believe me the not knowing if a character will get made or not is much worse

I don't know that I will get a full lineup necessarily, but I'll be very strongly tempted to pick up most of the big guns in the JLA (and Teen Titans, if we get those). Not sure if I would get Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, and Green Arrow, but. . .I might.

Put it this way, you now know when to expect her so you won't be racking your brain think when is she gonna come along.

Well technically, they only said she is "likely" to be released later this year. As with Hot Toys, best not to get your expectations too high with Sideshow releasing things in a certain timeframe. They've got a lot in the pipeline.

Not knowing how she'll turn out is what gets me. At least I know that they won't be making a Jim Lee version before the real one.

I don't know that I will get a full lineup necessarily, but I'll be very strongly tempted to pick up most of the big guns in the JLA (and Teen Titans, if we get those). Not sure if I would get Martian Manhunter, Aquaman, and Green Arrow, but. . .I might.

I mean a full line up of the majors, whether you're invested in the character or not. Usually if I'm not a fan, I won't buy. I want a JLA set, but Plastic Man won't get a penny out of me. I realize that's not the best example, but it's the best I can come up with before the battery in my laptop goes kaput.

This is great news. Glad they are doing classic first, that is the one I will get. I am not sure I see the need for two WW PF though.

I mean a full line up of the majors, whether you're invested in the character or not. Usually if I'm not a fan, I won't buy. I want a JLA set, but Plastic Man won't get a penny out of me. I realize that's not the best example, but it's the best I can come up with before the battery in my laptop goes kaput.
LOL It's just a personal preference. I'm actually envious of people who can just buy the characters they want, and aren't interested so much in having big lineups on the shelf, but it's a sort of OCD thing that affects my collecting habits. I'm actually hoping I can get a bit away from that.

Darn, I can't get excited about this since the change in term "Premium Format." Premium Format could mean fully sculpted and I won't be getting any 1/4 scale figures that are fully sculpted.

I want a JLA set, but Plastic Man won't get a penny out of me. I realize that's not the best example, but it's the best I can come up with before the battery in my laptop goes kaput.

For me, Plastic Man will get as many pennies out of me as it takes to get a hold of him. He is my favorite superhero, tied with the Hulk and Batman. Can't WAIT to see him in Premium Format.

Darn, I can't get excited about this since the change in term "Premium Format." Premium Format could mean fully sculpted and I won't be getting any 1/4 scale figures that are fully sculpted.

Your going to miss out on some fabulous sculpts :monkey2

Huh? Then what size do you collect? I tried to stay with just one size but can't do it. Too many other good ones in different sizes i would miss out on.

I am fine with them changing the definition as long as the scale is the same. Sometimes tailored outfits just don't work for certain characters.

This is awesome news!!! Batman and some of the Batman villains (Catwoman, Joker, Harley, Poison Ivy) and Wonder Woman (and maybe Supergirl) are the only DC characters I would buy in Premium Format. Regardless if it's PF 1/4 fully sculpted or with fabric, Wonder Woman will be an instant buy in her classic costume.

I would love either Tim Miller or Mark Newman to be sculpting her, but, I think Tim's style has a little more of an edge to sculpt the perfect Wonder Woman.

Things are moving along. Guess I'll decides as things move along.
As of now, Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman. Villians would be: Joker, Darkseid, and maybe Ares if they'll ever make him.

Things are moving along. Guess I'll decides as things move along.
As of now, Batman, Wonder Woman, Superman. Villians would be: Joker, Darkseid, and maybe Ares if they'll ever make him.

Yes a darkseid better be 1/4 scale. :pray: please make him massive like the same size as the destroyer.

Back