Advice Required Re The Best 1/6 Darth Vader Figure...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DGTWoodward

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have a RAH/Medi DARTH MAUL re-issue on pre-order from SSC. From reading the threads here, I know that whilst some rave about it, it is not without its own share of questionable aspects. On reflection, I don't mind those too much so that is fine for me.

However, I would also like to purchase a 1/6 scale DARTH VADER figure and here, I would be a bit more fussy. So, here's the thing...

What do the uber-experienced SW 1/6 fans/collectors here think is the best (and I mean from the box with no exterior additions) DARTH VADER figure, regardless of company or cost.

Last edited:
The best to date will probably be the next one that Sideshow releases.

There are only three high-end 1:6 Darth Vader figures so far. Medicom made two and Sideshow made one. Marmit almost made one, but we are speaking of neither horseshoes, nor hand grenades.

I would get the new Medicom ROTJ Vader 2.0 if you want the best. (older medi bodys are too frail, new ones don't suffer from that) Or wait till 2013 or beyond for SS's.

ANH SS Vader is good as well. ( i still like the Medi better, but go with the new ones)

Yeah the medi vader is expensive, but so will all future Vaders be.

I'm going with everyone else and saying to just wait. Another figure should be released very soon and most likely shown at SDCC this year.

Wait and get the next Sideshow one. You don't want no kiddie Medivader on you shelf.

Unless you have ikea detolf. Those are for kiddie collections.

I'm personally waiting for Sideshow's next Vader. I sold my ANH EX a while back and kind of regretted it but keep telling myself Sideshow's next one will be better.

Wait and get the next Sideshow one. You don't want no kiddie Medivader on you shelf.

I totally agree. You for sure want cheap ass shelves. They make cheap figures look better.

But yeah get Medicom 2.0 or SS's next one. Either way you're waiting! ( I may get medi 2.0 if i can get it for under 250$)

Medi's is well detailed but under-sized(closer to 1/7).SSC's is slightly over-sized(better if displaying with other figures) but has a slightly funky helmet(too symmetrical,not enough flair).Also. the mask on the Medi is a bit off from some angles(slightly"turned up"nose).The question you need to ask yourself;what's your main criteria-size, cost or accuracy?...PS

The question you need to ask yourself: what's your main criteria -- size or accuracy?.

girl-thinking-time-is-important.jpg

And it will be cheaper than the new Medicom one.

I remember several years back when people were in a fit over pricing on the medicom boba fett at $150 ect... now we are seeing SSC at the $175 range for their Boba...he looks great...my point however is I would not be suprised to see the next SSC Vader between $250 and $300...oh we will probably see an elaborate base that lights up to justify the cost...but its SSC not medicom, so we can all sleep at night...LOL:wink1:

Medicom rotj old or new release, tops the original SSC vader...in my opinion.
With the helmet mod on SSC though, it looks damn good...out of the box medicom.

I get your point but I think most collectors have written Medi and their clueless prices off a while ago. SSC's real competition in this regard I'd say is HT. Although I'm paying the $175.00 for both IG-88 and Boba Fett, SSC would definitely be pushing it hitting $200.00 or above for Vader, unless the quality compares very favourably with what HT's doing with Iron Man and some other lines.

I would suggest ssc anh vader. He looks awseome right out of the box and waiting for a fantasy vader that people are dreaming about may be a long wait indeed. Mine looks really quite nice in my detolf. Evilfaces opinions dont matter to me.

I would suggest ssc anh vader. He looks awseome right out of the box and waiting for a fantasy vader that people are dreaming about may be a long wait indeed. Mine looks really quite nice in my detolf. Evilfaces opinions dont matter to me.

While I agree the SSC one is nice, especially modded, it's a bit of a stretch to call the new iteration a "fantasy" when SSC has specifically advised they're working on it. If it comes out any time in 2013, that's fine with me.

Heres a link to comparison of 4 Vaders with really good size comparison shots. I've never had a medi vader, but after reading this, you can see why hes referred to as being in 1/7 scale by collectors.

https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2009/07/comparing-sideshow-with-medicom-and.html

Thanks for the post, Niltusk. Have never seen the SSC and Medi's compared side-by-side. Could definitely not get used to Medi's scale.

I totally agree. You for sure want cheap ass shelves. They make cheap figures look better.

But yeah get Medicom 2.0 or SS's next one. Either way you're waiting! ( I may get medi 2.0 if i can get it for under 250$)

I take it you have a detolf. :wave

Back