New collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathanoxford

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi all,
Just started collecting graphical novels. Really looking forward to future collection. Awaiting order of Batman: The Long Halloween Absolute edition.

Any recommendations along the lines of what I've currently got? Or a series of GN that follow on.
33ncobm.jpg

V for Vendetta, Superman Batman: Public Enimies, Superman Batman: Supergirl, since you have the second volume of the last series of Supergirl it wasn't bad but it got pretty bad from there until around issue 34 and beyond so any trades with those issues would be good. Crisis on Infinite Earths, Kingdom Come, Infinite Crisis, X-Men Messiah Complex, X-Men Second Comming.

Judging from what you have...
-Kingdom Come (As mentioned by Serpentor. Alex Ross)
-Justice (Alex Ross)
-Joker (Brian Azzarello & Lee Bermejo)
-Batman: The Man Who Laughs
-Arkham Asylum: Madness

Damn, listing this just pumps me up for the comic expo! :woo
More graphic novels for me. :rock:rock2:rock

If you're a fan of Absolutes, I'd recommend picking up Justice in that format. It's already a fantastic book, but the oversized, Absolute format really gives you a larger canvas to examine Alex Ross's work and soak in the little details.

If you're a fan of Absolutes, I'd recommend picking up Justice in that format. It's already a fantastic book, but the oversized, Absolute format really gives you a larger canvas to examine Alex Ross's work and soak in the little details.

Also if your a fan of the Absolutes and of batman you should preorder Batman and Robin:Batman Reborn on Amazon. They have it up for pre order for $57 instead of the normal price of $100. I haven't read it my self, but I have heard nothing but good things about it. Plus I love the absolute editions so I had to get it.

Thanks guys, great suggestions.
Pay day tomorrow!
I fear it will be a day of purchasing! :)

Will post update in future.

Wish they had a comic expo in the UK !!! (unless they do?!)

V for Vendetta, Superman Batman: Public Enimies, Superman Batman: Supergirl, since you have the second volume of the last series of Supergirl it wasn't bad but it got pretty bad from there until around issue 34 and beyond so any trades with those issues would be good. Crisis on Infinite Earths, Kingdom Come, Infinite Crisis, X-Men Messiah Complex, X-Men Second Comming.

Thank-you. Although when you say I have the second volume of the last series of Supergirl, I didn't realise this! :(
I haven't read this one yet - where should I start?! Sorry to ask.

Thank-you. Although when you say I have the second volume of the last series of Supergirl, I didn't realise this! :(
I haven't read this one yet - where should I start?! Sorry to ask.

For Supergirl's last series the proper place to start is Superman Batman: Supergirl this is her introduction back into the DC Universe then you pick up Supergirl Vol 1 Power. Now unless your the type of person who must read things from where they start to where they end I kind of recommend skipping a lot of her last series it went through a couple of writers and was not that great up until Supergirl: Who is Superwoman? Which was when Sterling Gates started his run on the book which lasted almost until it ended before the re-launch.

For Supergirl's last series the proper place to start is Superman Batman: Supergirl this is her introduction back into the DC Universe then you pick up Supergirl Vol 1 Power. Now unless your the type of person who must read things from where they start to where they end I kind of recommend skipping a lot of her last series it went through a couple of writers and was not that great up until Supergirl: Who is Superwoman? Which was when Sterling Gates started his run on the book which lasted almost until it ended before the re-launch.

So you would suggest Superman Batman: Supergirl first and then Supergirl Vol 1: Power - then the one I have. Perfect. Thankyou for your help.

Right, I've logged on to https://www.bookdepository.co.uk
Seems way cheaper than most other places online for the UK.

Question is, what to purchase! Dilemmas - so many suggestions, thankyou guys.

Back