Once more, I'm asking - 'Do we really need this forum?"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do we really need a Whedonville?

• Yes

Votes: 117 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 161 57.9%

• Total voters

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've tried to get rid of it in the past and there was protest, but I really think with Cabin in the Woods and Avengers Joss has really gone mainstream.

This forum is just Buffy & Serenity now and I'm afraid that would be confusing for new members.

I know people like having their own little club - but I do think it has outlived it's usefulness.

I love both Buffy and Serenity, even Dollhouse and Angel but I have to agree with you Dave, the forum isn't really needed. It's a virtual ghost town compared to the rest and is seen as just a little hangout for Whedonites to have their own little branch on the tree to sit with. I think the forum would be fine molded into the general forum personally. Just my two pennies.

I've tried to get rid of it in the past and there was protest, but I really think with Cabin in the Woods and Avengers Joss has really gone mainstream.

This forum is just Buffy & Serenity now and I'm afraid that would be confusing for new members.

I know people like having their own little club - but I do think it has outlived it's usefulness.

I respect Dave for keeping it real with this question... :monkey1

Close that Forum, i've been sayin it for years.it sux.

Its no more a ghost town than the Indiana Jones or Lord of The Rings sections and there is no talk of getting rid of those.

Im not sure how the specificity of the topics is confusing at all or any justification for it's deletion.

No. There are 3 or 4 die hards here and I sympathize with them, but there really is no need. I can hear the wind blowing the tumbleweed down Whedon street as I type. I also think Indiana Jones can be laid to rest.

No, but we do need sub- for hottoys..... It's getting too much thread about it, and it will get more later on.

No.... How about sub-forums for Hot Toys?

As bias as this seems, I kinda like the idea, but then people are gunna want an enterbay one and so on. It might also make things more confusing to find:panic: As for whedonville, I say close it and make a poll as to something new to replace it with like maybe 1:6 only or whatever:)

Why close it though? To prove a point? Does having one less section do anything for anyone? I'd rather see more division than less, the general section is ridiculously over crowded as it is.

Why close it though? To prove a point? Does having one less section do anything for anyone? I'd rather see more division than less, the general section is ridiculously over crowded as it is.

Maybe a general 1:6 section would help clear that up:wave

Its no more a ghost town than the Indiana Jones or Lord of The Rings sections and there is no talk of getting rid of those.

I guess you could argue that with the Hobbit coming that the LOTR forum would renamed to something like Tolkienville or Tolkienpolis and continue but Indiana Jones should have been put to pasture long before Whedonville. All the licensees got caught up in the hype and nothing has really come from it outside of the first quarter after KOTCS. That forum has been on life support for a long time.

Im sure he's looking at it from a Modding POV.
Regardless, you'll have the same number of threads to mod no matter how many sections, but if I had to pick a side, Id rather have to mod less sections ... :monkey1

It's harder to mod sections with 1000 threads that are hard to tell when a duplicate thread pops up, whereas in a section with 100 threads it's easy to tell. I don't understand why Dave wants 1 section that cover thousands of properties rather than more specialized sections. That general section could be broken up into 5-10 subsections to make browsing so much easier.

Im also pretty sure that Whedon threads would overwhelm both the customs and general sections if they didn't have a place for themselves here. Alot of otherwise relevant threads could get buried fast with too many active topics on the first page (as is already somewhat the case in the general section).

I also agree with Prog that it seems that it would be easier to moderate and keep track of two sections with 10 threads than one section with 20. But this is coming from an outsider so im not sure if im correct.

Last edited:
Back