Smallville season 11 comic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fanger54

Super Freak
Reaction score
(spoilers in this review when indicated)

Just read it and it was short.. but at 0.99$ , i cant complain at all.

The big problem that this issue has is that its short and thats it..

(spoilers)

For the start of the issue , it started to feel like the last episode of smallville where only hints of superman where shown here and there, but then we get a full look at supes and it was perfect.
The suit is changed but hell we all knew it was going to with the promo art, and even Lex tells us that its changed in one of the panels.

The new suit, its pretty cool looking and is influenced by the rebooted suit from the new 52 with a black S shield on the cape, no trunks , and some armored looked type boots, but the coolest add on to this suit is the grey siding on it.. it differs it enough from the old superman returns suit and the new 52 suit to make it its own suit and not a carbon copy of an existing suit.

(end spoiler)

The art is pretty good for a 99 cents comic, the characters look pretty much like their tv series counterparts , but clark is the best counterpart in looks for sure. Lois and Lex to me did not look like the series versions as much as they should but hey at least we get them both in the series .

Story wise its pretty thin but for the price and being only a small chunk of a bigger assemble , it can be overlooked and in the end it did what it was meant to do and that was to introduce us again to some of the cast, tease us with whats coming next week and show us that Clark is indeed Superman in a world that accepts and needs him...

i give this issue a 4.9out of 5

it loses a .1 due to having me wanting more now....

also for kicks listen to the save me theme song while reading this issue for some added cool factor...

I have it currently in my pull but I wont be picking my comics up until sometime next month.

It doesn't even come out in print form until next month, BG. They have 3 or 4 digital mini comics every week this month, which they then collect in the monthly print issues, so you're all good. :hi5:

Ahh, I asked my lcs to pull it for me, and the spoiler above made me think it was already out.

I didn't read it of course.

Second part of the comic series is out digitally and i must say, this was a brilliant take on the tv series, by that i mean that this chapter felt like an episode of smallville and it was a delight to read it...
worth picking up digitally

also it is explained briefly why clark changed the suit.... and it makes sense

Just bought all of these digitally. The art isn't the greatest, but it's welcome to be back with these characters as they were in Smallville. It's interesting to see what they're doing with Lex.

I just read the first couple of issues....I enjoyed it for what it was, a continuation of the story. Intrigued to see where it's going.

Back