The Cantina Creature Count

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rushmore223

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just thinking about the slim pickings (especially compared to the Jabba throne room) for the creature cantina denizens.

So far we have...
Luke
Han
Ben
Greedo
Sandtrooper
Momaw Nadon
and the Modal Nodes

After this many years we hardly have any creatures, even though SS has gone to the trouble of making not one, but two different chair and table sets and the cantina exterior, you would think it would be a bigger priority.

Here is my list of wants:

Chewie
Dr. Evazen
Ponda Baba
Wuhrer with Bar section
Muftak
Kabe
Snaggletooth
Green (Neimodian type) aliens in back of bar.
Nabrun leids

I can think of more, but names escape me (like the Horned Devil looking alien)

I think we need to have a moritorium on Clones until SS has at least released 3 more Cantina Scum.

What are your must haves for the Cantina?

Goes without saying Chewie's a must-have and they best be working on his design night and day until he's finally released!

My two favourite strictly Cantina aliens were Greedo and Momaw, less interested in the random guys that I think Lucas used from other movies to save money (believe that's the origin of the horned devil guy and others).

Could see grabbing Dr.Evazen and maybe one of those green (Neimodian types) aliens from the back. Also Wuhrer with bar section would be cool. That'd probably be it for Cantina stuff. Could be convinced on maybe a couple others but it would depend on execution and price.

The fact that Sideshow made two table environments and the upcoming cantina environment means we'll get more cantina creatures eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Yep. Although it was IG-88/Boba Fett/Bespin Luke that got me into this line, I did pick-up both cantina sets, plus Greedo and Momaw and will grab the Cantina environment in August/September once someone local stocks it. Love the cantina as a general environment, just don't find any of the other Cantina aliens to be as iconic for me as Greedo and Hammy. Except maybe for the Modal Nodes, but not crazy about them at the same time.

Really would like to see the bar with Wuhrer, though. I think once I have Han, Chewie, Luke, old Ben in table/chairs, I'd really only need Greedo, Momaw and maybe one or two others at the bar and I'd be content.

Personally, I'd like to see Pondo Baba (AKA Walrus Man) and Snaggletooth to join Greedo and Hammerhead to round out the original Gruesome Foursome from back in the day.

Personally, I'd like to see Pondo Baba (AKA Walrus Man) and Snaggletooth to join Greedo and Hammerhead to round out the original Gruesome Foursome from back in the day.

:lecture:exactly:

These 2, plus a Jawa to go with the upcoming Raider, and I'll have all the ANH alien goodness I'd want. Now if SS/HT can crank out the rest of the main cast, I'll be set.

At the very least, I expect these two before Sideshow is done with the cantina.

Bo Shek, master of sideburns. And Baniss Keeg - they could reuse the sculpt for Cad Bane, right?

A moritorium on clones? And just how do you think Sideshow would pay for your cantina aliens' developement?

The order in which the figures are released is only partially determined by Sideshow's choice. Difficulty of each figure including having to develope new items for them and production delays will have even bigger effect on them.

You can bet Sideshow is working on new cantina aliens. How many? Which ones? Only Sideshow knows for certain...might not hurt to ask in their Q-n-A section on their website.

But you can bet they always have at least one in the works with their popularity.

They will offer them when the figure is ready. And in the interrim, they will pay for the developement of those figures and keep the line moving with the easy-to-make fill-ins like clones.

I'm not really a SSC fan - I've got four of their 1/6 SW figures to date. The ones I do have though.. are excellent. Hammerhead & Greedo for starters - awesome, very glad I have them. :lecture

I'd consider Walrus Man if they did him right.. but that's it as far as Cantina guys go for me. What would be cool, is if they did some Mos Eisley junk droids - then I'd get R5-A2 or R2-A5 to display with said aliens.

That'd look pretty slick. :rock

Last edited:
Green (Neimodian type) aliens in back of bar.

Duros. :lecture

Duros.jpg

Ha ha thanks!

There was a time when I knew the names of all the aliens and bit players in Star Wars, then I became a Dad and my brain partially turned to goo.

:lol Trust me, the same thing happned to me... I was a walking SW encyclopedia, not so much now though.... Still, I remember the name Duros for some reason. Those two would look AWESOME as part of a cantina display.

:lol Trust me, the same thing happned to me... I was a walking SW encyclopedia, not so much now though.... Still, I remember the name Duros for some reason. Those two would look AWESOME as part of a cantina display.

:goodpost: I agree 100%. No cantina enviro is complete without them.

Sideshow could also turn that sculpt into a Cad Bane figure.

Very good point, what better way to entice SS to make a figure, than to have repurposing potential?

A lot of collectors might buy 2 for a cantina scene, some would buy the CW Cad Bane figure, and with some slight modification, they may even pass for a prequel Neimodian.

Sounds like a win for SS.

Back