DC Direct re-launches as DC Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
DC Collectibles features high-end collectible products and toys based on characters from DC Comics, Vertigo and MAD

BURBANK, CA, April 11, 2012 – DC Entertainment announced today that its collectibles product line, previously known as DC Direct, has been re-launched with a new brand – DC Collectibles. Additionally, in early May 2012 DC Collectibles will expand its online store (www.DCComics.com/Collectibles) to offer its entire product line for sale on the web, in addition to the line’s primary availability in comic book retail locations. For those fans who prefer to purchase a product in-store, the website will also provide information on the closest retail location that carries a particular DC Collectibles product.

“We’ve taken the past year or so to become laser focused on what makes the products in this line special, and what has emerged from that process is DC Collectibles,” stated Geoff Johns, chief creative officer for DC Entertainment. “We’re extremely proud of our line of unique, high-end collectibles, and feel that it caters to fans looking for limited edition, authentic products based on our characters and stories, created by the same artists who work directly on those characters and stories.”

Rest of the article here:
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/...s-as-dc-collectibles-expands-online-offerings

Biggest change is now things will be available directly from them online. Sometimes DCD items were tough to find online--some statues specifically.

But now that Sideshow is doing DC stuff, I have much less interest in pursuing any of their in-house statues anyway.

I'm wondering if they'll make their con stuff directly available online. Graphitti Designs has been dodgy with it and it's difficult at times to find all of it...

I hope they announce figures from Before Watchmen... and I hope SS makes figures from the original Watchmen...so I can have a comic Comedian by 2017.

I like that they're doing online exclusives, although I have no need for that Flashpoint boxed set. I would like the poker chip that comes with it, though. If anyone picks up that set and wants to part with the chip, let me know...

Hopefully they'll keep making great 1/4 scale pieces along with SS.

MrJHarl1.jpg

Some of the DCD (or whatever) 1/4 MQ statues were as good, or better than the SSC stuff.

The DCD GL has a nicer face than the SSC PF.

The Batman DCD MQ is a match for the SSC Batman PF.

The WW DCD MQ is very nice too as, good as anything SSC has done.

The Superman MQ from DCD is awful and pretty much no matter what SSC does with it's Superman PF will mean we'll get a better one.

Some of the DCD (or whatever) 1/4 MQ statues were as good, or better than the SSC stuff.

The Superman MQ from DCD is awful and pretty much no matter what SSC does with it's Superman PF will mean we'll get a better one.

I wonder if DCD will still continue to make their 1/4 scale MQ. If they do, good luck to them competing with SSC.

Their last offering was the Batman from Batman Inc. before nuDCU. I wasn't fond of the costume or the pose, but the base was far better than the SSC base for Batman and the quality looked about the same.

I would guess that DCC will do, almost exclusively, nuDCU stuff and maybe make MQ versions. If so, then it'll be very easy for me to skip those and give my money to SSC as long as they keep making the classic versions.

Ummmm NO

Back