Some more GL spite - this is funny

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

Although I'm sure if the residents could block Lucas from building a studio they'll keep the poor out as well :lol

Wow. Those people are idiots. Have they seen Skywalker ranch?!? They really thought having that complex there would bring negative consequences to the area? They really would have been an ideal neighbor. Skywalker ranch is immaculate and fairly remote (meaning lots of green space), and the people who would work in that new facility would all be educated, high(ish) income people, who would spend their money in local businesses.

Now they may get low income housing instead. And even if that doesn't go through, the best they can hope for is for someone to build condos there. :monkey4

I don't know anything about that town, but it seems like they are upper class, well-to-doers who want their cake and want to eat it, too.

"Dale said any proposed housing development on the property would have to be 'suited to the zoning, the people who live here and the people who come here.'" I guess that means no poor folk.

Yep they really are a bunch of lame neighbours, as Lucasfilm has well established track record of protecting, and developing the land ecologically. Its part of their motto.

Trust me, "low income housing" in Marin is not quite the same as "low income housing" everywhere else... Perhaps “low income” is a relative term in this instance?

Still, having been to Skywalker Ranch I can't imagine a Lucas' studio being a bad thing... You drive through SR and it's like being in the country. All the various buildings look like farmhouses. There's a classic looking softball field that looks as if it's torn right out of some small town in the 50's and the main building is simply gorgeous.

"Perhaps you're being treated unfairly?” “Good, it would be unfortunate if I were to lead family's with income lower than $225K here."

Idiots. Ah well. I'm betting though that someone buys it and puts in a new ranch. Why build anything else there? Its remote, green, and beautiful! :dunno

Lucas's merits as a story teller can be debated all day, but most cities would be anxious to have a business relationship with Lucasfilm. He's dripping with money at a time most US cities are trying to shore up there budgets and tax bases.

It's amusing to see Lucas sell off the land to a slumlord developer. Even if Marin County fights off the new land use it still hurts property values. I imagine some homeowners will sell and leave the area ASAP just to get best market value out of their home.

Haha, good for Lucas. Like they said in the article, if someone as wealthy and responsible as him can't get something built there, who can? Hope they build a shanty town.

I believe their exact stipulation was "you can only build here if you restore the original OT and release it on blu-ray." He balked and ran.

:lol :rotfl excuse me while I wipe off the coffee I spit up on my computer when I read this. Too funny and probably true.

Back