Help With Improving Hot Toys The Spirit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewGoblin23

Super Freak
Reaction score
I bought the Spirit figure from Hot Toys awhile back and wasn't very impressed with how the finished product came out. The poor paint on the headsculpt doesn't bother me so much, but the big problem for me is the tailoring of the suit. It didn't end up looking like this at all

3063207710_8d9b21a905.jpg

2_the_spirit_the_spirit.jpg

The jacket I think isn't too bad, but the problems lie with the pants and shirt. The pants are too baggy and wide looking. The problem in my opinion is that his shoes are so narrow looking and the leg openings are too wide so it looks awkward. Also, the shirt poofs out quite a bit.

There are some in hand pics so you can get an idea of what im talking about in the figure's official thread

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45397&highlight=the+spirit&page=10

So i'm asking all you customizers who obviously know much more about this then me, what is the best solution to this? Should I try a different body than the Hot Toys one, or should I look into buying slimmer pants and a better fitting shirt? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Back