Halloween Remake??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
how long has this been around. apparently someone thinks its a good idea to let rob zombie do this. im not a total rob zombie hater... i think rejects was 100 times better than 1000 corpses. but unfortunately he is one of the new directors that thinks More gore = better movie. which is not true...

in my perfect little world ive always wanted a remake of part 3... aka the Halloween that had nothing to do with Myers. always wanted to know where he was or who he was hunting in between part 2 and 4

I'm really not a fan of remakes on the whole but have found Rob Zombie's films to be pretty interesting (even if they are remakes of various films, splashed together) so I wonder if this remake would be akin to his other films. Just have to see I suppose.

hairlesswookiee said:
how long has this been around. apparently someone thinks its a good idea to let rob zombie do this. im not a total rob zombie hater... i think rejects was 100 times better than 1000 corpses. but unfortunately he is one of the new directors that thinks More gore = better movie. which is not true...

in my perfect little world ive always wanted a remake of part 3... aka the Halloween that had nothing to do with Myers. always wanted to know where he was or who he was hunting in between part 2 and 4

While I greatly disliked House of 1000 Corpses, a Rob Zombie take on Halloween may be interesting. At the very least, it has to be better than the despicable Halloween: Resurrection w/ Busta Rhymes!!! Still, I'd prefer a sequel rather than a remake.

As for your comment on Myers between Parts 2 and 4, Hairlesswookie, Michael was in a coma caused by the explosion at the end of Halloween 2. He didn't wake up until the opening minutes of Halloween 4. That's how they addressed the ten-year gap.

Hope that answers your question! :)

I have to admit I'm not too keen on Zombie tackling Halloween. Just have a feeling that there is greater potential for him to destroy it than to make an acceptable remake.

I have to admit that I'm not too keen on anyone tackling this remake.

It's a classic, leave it alone! Come up with an original idea.

How about they DONT do anything!

Im am SO fed up with piece of crap remakes being made just because they can, and they know they'll make money.
I want something NEW. What is with the obbsessive nature of remaking movies these days! Its ridiculous!
Why cant cinema be honoured with completely new movies, original ideas.

Its just so aggrivating.

:monkey4

end rant.

while the jury will be out for me until I actually see the movie, Im open to the idea.
Zombie has already said he's not "remaking" anything. The new storyline will be totally different and not be linked in any way to the already made Halloween movies.
Zombie also said he's pitched his ideas to John Carpenter who really liked his what he's wanting to do and gave his approval.

.. but like I said ... we'll see :monkey1

occulum said:
while the jury will be out for me until I actually see the movie, Im open to the idea.
Zombie has already said he's not "remaking" anything. The new storyline will be totally different and not be linked in any way to the already made Halloween movies.
Zombie also said he's pitched his ideas to John Carpenter who really liked his what he's wanting to do and gave his approval.

.. but like I said ... we'll see :monkey1

Zombie's contradicted himself then. If what he's making is in NO WAY LINKED to previous Halloween films, then that pretty much constitutes a REMAKE!!! :rolleyes:

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Zombie's contradicted himself then. If what he's making is in NO WAY LINKED to previous Halloween films, then that pretty much constitutes a REMAKE!!! :rolleyes:
actually thats what it means. A "remake" would be remaking a movie already made. But he's not, thats why he's saying he's not remaking it.
In interviews many asked him why he repeatedly denied remaking Halloween after rumors said he was. He just said, thats exactly why he denied the rumors, cause he wasnt remaking anything. He's doing his own new version of Halloween in his own vision. :D

occulum said:
actually thats what it means. A "remake" would be remaking a movie already made. But he's not, thats why he's saying he's not remaking it.
In interviews many asked him why he repeatedly denied remaking Halloween after rumors said he was. He just said, thats exactly why he denied the rumors, cause he wasnt remaking anything. He's doing his own new version of Halloween in his own vision. :D

That's what he's doing though. Halloween was already made. He's doing his own new version in his own vision as you said. He's remaking Halloween!! :lol :lol

Don't get me wrong. I'll still see it, and I hope it's very good, scary, and disturbing. I just love it when Hollywood tries to twist words around to make things sound different from what they really are!! :rolleyes:

Sith Lord 0498 said:
That's what he's doing though. Halloween was already made. He's doing his own new version in his own vision as you said. He's remaking Halloween!! :lol :lol

Don't get me wrong. I'll still see it, and I hope it's very good, scary, and disturbing. I just love it when Hollywood tries to twist words around to make things sound different from what they really are!! :rolleyes:

He's not remaking Halloween...What he is doing is re-inventing the franchise as a whole...This wont be Halloween 1 again..Hes taking the story of Michael Myers and telling his own story....Remaking would mean his taking the script and doing the exact same story with different actors,much like the Omen was remade this year...What Zombie is doing is taking the concept of Michael Myers and making a whole new movie to re-tell an old tale...Much the same way the new Bond film will re-invent Bond.

King Darkness said:
He's not remaking Halloween...What he is doing is re-inventing the franchise as a whole...This wont be Halloween 1 again.
I knew back-up would be here shortly :lol

just pickin Sith. I can see how the terminology could be confusing

Now I'm really confused. :confused:
Will Michael Myers even be in this version or will it be another three more days to halloween, halloween, halloween.........

Ironman1188 said:
Now I'm really confused. :confused:
Will Michael Myers even be in this version or will it be another three more days to halloween, halloween, halloween.........
thats good question. Right now Id say its ALL up in the air. I would think Myers would return at least, but with the entire new direction theres no telling. Curious about that myself

occulum said:
I knew back-up would be here shortly :lol

just pickin Sith. I can see how the terminology could be confusing

No, not really confusing. When it comes to movies, "re-invent" is the same as "remaking" to me. But that's just my personal opinion. Eye of the beholder, I guess.

What kind of Halloween movie do you think we'll get from Zombie though? Gory is pretty much a given, but do you think he'll try for the suspense/stalker angle like Carpenter's original did?

Sith Lord 0498 said:
What kind of Halloween movie do you think we'll get from Zombie though? Gory is pretty much a given, but do you think he'll try for the suspense/stalker angle like Carpenter's original did?
I dont know. Personally Im hoping it sticks with the Suspense/stalker angle. Its what made Halloween so good in the first place. And by the time this comes out, with the way trends are going now, I'll bet the gorefests will be getting old. But dont get me wrong, Im a HUGE gorefest fan. Just not sure it will be the right thing for Halloween.

occulum said:
I dont know. Personally Im hoping it sticks with the Suspense/stalker angle. Its what made Halloween so good in the first place. And by the time this comes out, with the way trends are going now, I'll bet the gorefests will be getting old. But dont get me wrong, Im a HUGE gorefest fan. Just not sure it will be the right thing for Halloween.

agree.... if he goes for just another gorefest it will suck big time. regardless if its "re-invent" or "remake" if Halloween or Michael Myers is anything in the movie people will compare to the original. what made them so great is the suspense. didnt need buckets of blood and crazy chainsaws. what made Halloween so great was the fact that you were scared because most of the time you had no idea where Myers was hiding and waiting for you.

~~i remember in the first one when Laurie looked out her window and saw Michael standing in broad daylight looking at her, she turns her head for a second and he's gone. now thats creepy. or when he would be standing in the bushes outside the window and you cant even see him, but he's so close to you.

Back