Christopher Lee as THE MUMMY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
From the 1959 classic comes this 12" figure based on Christopher Lee as Kharis, the cursed high priest. He is slated to ship April 23rd.

AMUMU4.jpg

AMUMU3.jpg

AMUMU7.jpg

This is probably my favorite Hammer figure yet since it looks pretty faithful to its source. IMO, it's also the best mummy figure in this scale, being an improvement over this:

review_12mummy_4.jpg

That looks pretty cool! Love the way the bandages look ancient.

Presumably that other is the Sideshow? Not keen on that, but would love to get hold of the Ardeth Bey. Gorgeous.

If I were a rich man I would own everything he has done. But alas--I aint.:lecture I think after the Baron is done with the retro versions of the figures, he should do a couple high end Hot Toys style figures. Just to show folks he can do it. The price point should be comparable to Hot Toys though. But thats gonna give folks something new to hem haw about.

Just to make a point here. I seeded another forum I post at with the SHS Creepshow news. Most folks loved the figure, but complained about the $98 price point. Which I thought was fine. One of the fellas who griped about the $98 price tag for Creepshow later paid $1,000 for this.

tumblr_lz1jili4OC1qemxfbo1_1280.jpg

Its all about what you're into I suppose. Personally I would rather have Nate and $900.:lol. But he thought $98 was too much. There are folks who love these figures---which is obvious at the pace they are being hammered out (pun intended).

By the way Nam (we're buds, right?)...if Sideshow's Mummy came out today---it would probably be $125-200...so cut the dude a little slack. I know:lecture:lol.

That is the best looking figure made by this company. The arms look a bit too thick but at least he can cross the arms, unlike the immobile Sideshow one.

But the SS head and hand sculpts crush this offering.

I would like to body swap and re-wrap my SS one but he worth way to much to mess with. :lol

The arms look a bit beefy... otherwise looks pretty neat!

Have you seen the Chris Lee Mummy flick? Just as Chaney was portly (the fattest emaciated Mummy you are ever gonna see), Lee was towering strength. They made a point to incorporate Lee's strength into the film's scroll of life. "Make supple these limbs and strong these sinews." Lee's bandages were so tight in the film, he popped his collar when he "snapped" the Egyptian fellas back. Meanwhile, Chaney must've binge drank those fattening, fattening tana leaves. Shamey on him.

Lee's unstoppable Mummy, also tall, fast and imposing (he nearly runs after his prey in the film). He is shot, stabbed with a spear, and shot again. It isnt until they have a barrage of surrounding gunfire that someone nearly takes his head off and puts him down. Lee's Mummy is credited for inspiring the later stable of unstoppables such as Myers and Jason. As in love as I am with the Universal classics: my opinion is the Lee/Cushing Hammer Mummy film of 1959 is the best Mummy film ever made. If you haven't seen it---I highly recommend it

PETER+CUSHING+CHRISTOPEHRE+LEE+THE+MUMMY+PCASUK.jpg

PETER+CUSHING+THE+MUMMY+HAMMER+FILMS+PCASUK+6977.jpg

PETER+CUSHING+THE+MUMMY+2.jpg

jackpierce22oi9.jpg

Last edited:
By the way Nam (we're buds, right?)...if Sideshow's Mummy came out today---it would probably be $125-200...so cut the dude a little slack. I know:lecture:lol.

Well, let's be honest here though. If Sideshow did The Mummy today, it would blow this one out of the water coming in at only $50 more. It wouldn't be double the price, with less likeness and the same quality as we have with the above. :wink1:

lol, it's not even Christopher Lee, it's a built stunt man. Lee never had muscles.

***Sigh*** :wink1:No---its Lee. Either that or he's a colossal liar.:thwak I am going to believe him, and every interview I have read to this point. In his interviews he states he dislocated his shoulder busting through a locked door that was supposed to be open, and he burned his chest with the explosive packs they used for gunshots. He wasn't a superstar yet...so he did what he was told. All that changed later and he got his way a lot. The injuries are why he said he would never play a Mummy again. He didnt either.:lecture

Lee's stunt double didnt start working with him until Dracula Prince of Darkness, and he did play a Mummy in a different Hammer film. His name was Eddie Powell. He played the original Alien in the Ridley Scott epic. But Lee did the stunts for the Mummy, and many other of his films. He may not have been Arnold Schwartzy...but he had to be fit for his roles. He also was skilled in hand to hand combat in WW2, having stabbed at least one Nazi in a knife duel. He kept in shape. He had to...he had a heart condition that threatened to kill him. Until he got the heart valve of a pig sewn into his to keep him alive. Amazingly, pig valves must work very well as he has outlived every other Horror star of his era and is approaching 90.:1-1::peace

Last edited:
Well, let's be honest here though. If Sideshow did The Mummy today, it would blow this one out of the water coming in at only $50 more. It wouldn't be double the price, with less likeness and the same quality as we have with the above. :wink1:

Have you actually seen the 1959 Mummy with Christopher Lee? I've seen it dozens of times, and the sculpt is pretty spot on. Not sure how you can do much better. The old Sideshow sculpt is an excellent Karloff, but this is Lee. I only used it as a comparison to show the difference in the proportions and bandaging.

But then, this is the board where people _____ about Hot Toys' likenesses, so I suppose everyone deserves the same courtesy.

Last edited:
That looks pretty cool! Love the way the bandages look ancient.

Presumably that other is the Sideshow? Not keen on that, but would love to get hold of the Ardeth Bey. Gorgeous.

The Ardeth Bey is great. I never owned the original bandaged Mummy, just because it only had 5 minutes of screen-time compared to the Bey look.

The Ardeth Bey is great. I never owned the original bandaged Mummy, just because it only had 5 minutes of screen-time compared to the Bey look.

I bought everything they did in 12 for Universal Monsters. As long as it was in color. I supported the line completely. But I had money then,lol. There were more than a couple disappointments in that line. Especially the anemic, underweight Wolfman.

Have you actually seen the 1959 Mummy with Christopher Lee? I've seen it dozens of times, and the sculpt is pretty spot it. Not sure how you can do much better. The old Sideshow sculpt is an excellent Karloff, but this is Lee. I only used it as a comparison to show the difference in the proportions and bandaging.

But then, this is the board where people _____ about Hot Toys' likenesses, so I suppose everyone deserves the same courtesy.

Ironically, I feel the same about people who try to make HT look better by comparing it to considerably older releases that were a fraction of the price... kinda like what you did there. :lol

Looks pretty good... I'd agree the arms are too thick (at the bicep) causing them to look odd. But the rest is pretty good looking especially for the price. Figuremaster Les did an two amazing customs Mummys (one Lee and one Karloff) back in the day that to me still are the top ones I've seen.

Sadly I can't seem to find pics of either anymore... but if Les were still doing work I'd have loved to get him to rework my Sideshow figure.

Looks pretty good... I'd agree the arms are too thick (at the bicep) causing them to look odd. But the rest is pretty good looking especially for the price. Figuremaster Les did an two amazing customs Mummys (one Lee and one Karloff) back in the day that to me still are the top ones I've seen.

Sadly I can't seem to find pics of either anymore... but if Les were still doing work I'd have loved to get him to rework my Sideshow figure.

Dang...how did I miss those?:slap I love his stuff. he did a killer Shadow once if I recall.

Took me a bit, but I found it... I don't know if the other one in the pics is Lee or not? Honestly I'm not as well versed when it comes to my Hammer Horor :monkey3

But here's the link to the post about them:
FML Custom Mummy figures

Superb!! Both of them, top work. As alluded to, a difficult custom to pull off, with all that bandage....agghh would do my head in.

Back