New body for a marmit trooper?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flamingdead

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Anyone out there had any experience with fitting marmit trooper armor on to a smaller body? Mine is towering over my medicom troopers, I want them a bit more uniform.
I just got an Enterbay body, but the arms are too thick for the armor to fit over, so it's gotta be pretty skinny. Any suggestions?

Probably better asking this in the subforum:

Star Wars Custom Figures & Dioramas

Don't downsize just start collecting Sideshow. :D

Probably better asking this in the subforum:

Star Wars Custom Figures & Dioramas

Don't downsize just start collecting Sideshow. :D

tumblr_lmpc7hYkPB1qclt3z.gif

Your best bet though is to just ditch the Marmit except for the helmet and use the Sideshow Stomtrooper figure instead since their armor is more accurate than Marmit's (except fot he helmet).

Your best bet though is to just ditch the Marmit except for the helmet and use the Sideshow Stomtrooper figure instead since their armor is more accurate than Marmit's (except fot he helmet).

You think? Hmmm, I've got a sideshow sandie, and at least to me I thought the marmit sculpt was a lot closer to the real thing, although the detailing is pretty soft, and lacking in articulation.

Wish I could find a SS trooper that wasn't going for silly money too!!

Anyone out there had any experience with fitting marmit trooper armor on to a smaller body? Mine is towering over my medicom troopers, I want them a bit more uniform.
I just got an Enterbay body, but the arms are too thick for the armor to fit over, so it's gotta be pretty skinny. Any suggestions?

Hey there! Please head on over to my custom thread here and check out post #47 and #49 for pics of my Marmit conversion to a Sideshow armour body:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107058&page=5

The Marmit armour is the most accurate and you'll see I put some Marmit Sandtrooper armour on a Sideshow Clone trooper armour body, using the Sideshow Sandtrooper hands and feet. However, your Marmit is a 1:6 scale figure, while your Medi Stormtrooper is more in the scale of 1:7th, so they really won't mesh scale-wise too easily.

Hope this helps!

Brinn, thanks buddy, that helps a lot, in fact that is perfect! I'll be trying the same method:)
I know the medis are undersized, but even next to my sideshow troops the marmit stormie looks a giant, with massive gaps between the armour ( I would almost suspect the guy I bought it off had put it on a taller body, but it's def a marmit) it's a fair bit taller than my other marmit troops...

Thanks again mate, appreciated!

:nono :lol

The SSC Stormies get more love than they deserve to be honest. I had a Sandie Corporal.. & sold it. The helmet, the armour sculpt, the way it all sits on that stiff looking body, the wide-ish hips, the stupid backpack strap design.. :monkey1

The Marmit range in general is excellent - the Vader they never got to release was AMAZING. The next Stormie I'll likely buy though.. will be a HT one - if they ever make one, that is.

Brinn71 - just checked out your link - :clap :rock

flamingdead.. Brinn's got the idea man!

Last edited:
Several years ago I sold my Marmit Sandtrooper to a good friend who is also a fellow board member (Arnax161), and he used a mid 2000's Dragon body for quite some time. Granted, the Dragon body is no Buck, but it fit quite well, plus it was a little shorter considering Dragon is an asian company.

I love the sculpt on the Marmit, but regardless of body or sculpt your always going to have a articulation issue with the Marmit. His ankles are in a fixed position, his waist and torso, albeit two pieces, is still quite solid, and then there's the issue of hands, which won't fit any other body other than the crude skeleton that was provided with the Marmit in the first place...

In a nut shell, unless you are just set on having your Marmit ready for battle, scrap the project and get the Sideshow Sandtrooper...

I transfered my Marmit Stormtrooper over to a regular Truetype a few weeks ago. I had to heavily dremel the arms to get the armor to fit, and slightly trimmed the shoulders and calves. I also separated the feet and put the TT feet in there for improved articulation. Here's how he looks at the moment, love the poseability he now has. SSC Sandtrooper hands are in the mail:

IMG_2662_2_small2.png

Back