How much is too much for an eBook?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much are you willing to pay for an eBook?

• $0.99-$2.99

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • $3.00-$6.99

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • $7.00-$9.99

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • $10.00+

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Dark Passenger

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have been spoiled by buying books on Kindle for $0.99-$2.99. I have gotten so use to this pricing, I have a hard time spending any more on a book now. Most of the titles I buy are from self published authors who set their own prices and don't have to give a slice to the publishing companies.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I have yet to buy an e-book, so I can't really chime in on price. But the pricing concept is the same way I feel about digital music. With an e-book, I'm not getting something I can physically own, put on my shelf, and eventually put in a box when I realize I'll never read it again.

Personally, the "owning" of an item, be it a book or an album, is a big deal to me. So I can't add input on how much money an author truly deserves for an e-book, all I know is it better not be a lot, for what I would pay.

I prefer my ebooks to be in the $9.99 range for "hardcover" releases. For ebooks of paperback counterparts, I'd like to stay closer to $5.

I got the whole hunger games series on the kindle for $18

To me that is too much. I'm not paying $6 per book for an ebook. They seem to think they should charge us a "convenience" fee when in actuality we are saving them a buttload on printing costs. :slap

Back