The Hunger Games Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
With the movie coming out thought it would be cool to have a thread where folks can talk about the books.

My wife gave me the first one about a year ago and said "you might like this its kind of running man with kids." A week later I was done with all 3 books. I am NOT a big reader at all but these just got me hooked.

I had several friends who really urged me to read the books when I said I wanted to see the movie, but hadn't read the series yet. They were right in that I really like where things are going and am glad I took their advice to get started.

I've never really been a fan of reading, but due to the overwhelming responses I've heard from both the film and book I decided to give this a read.

Absolutely brilliant so far, I keep going back to read another chapter in any free time I have. I'm about to read Chapter 9 of the first book, and I'm excited...never felt this way about a book before! :panic:

I am a bit behind as I'm only heading on to chapter 5 of the first book. But I am enjoying it so far.

So ***SPOILERS*** for those who have not yet seen/read The Hunger Games, but here are some of my thoughts on the movie:

Spoiler Spoiler:

So ***SPOILERS*** for those who have not yet seen/read The Hunger Games, but here are some of my thoughts on the movie:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

2 days in and I'm about half way through the first book, really good! Hopefully done by the end of the week then I'll go see the movie:)

The movie fixed my biggest problem with the book. In the book,

Spoiler Spoiler:

The movie expanded on that, and showed us the "behind the scenes" explaining why that happened.

I'm not saying the movie was better than the book, but the movie certainly did some things better than the book did.

Kab:
Spoiler Spoiler:

After watching the movie I really wanted to jump in and re-read books 2 & 3. I remember when I first read them that they aren't so much a typical sequel but direct continuations fitting into a larger canvas. You can definitely see that The Hunger Games is just a small part of a much larger and more important story.

I am rereading 1 before I see the movie since it was a year ago when I read it first. Still just as good the 2nd time around. :)

After watching the movie I really wanted to jump in and re-read books 2 & 3. I remember when I first read them that they aren't so much a typical sequel but direct continuations fitting into a larger canvas. You can definitely see that The Hunger Games is just a small part of a much larger and more important story.

That's how two feels to me as well. I mean the story picks up right after the first so it makes sense.

Well, I finished book 1 in a day and half and am almost done with book 2. These are really addicting and hard to put down. I still haven't seen the movie but I'm enjoying the books. The story is pretty straight forward with very few twists and turns.

Back