Abu Simbel in TPM?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Mitchell

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys. Sorry to post something non collectible here but I couldn't think of another thread where I could ask fellow Star Wars fans.
Yesterday I was looking on wikipedia and searched for "Abu Simbel" (you know the egypt temples) and at the bottom of the padge I saw this:

wikipedia said:
In popular culture
The temple can be seen briefly in the background of the city-planet of Coruscant when Queen Amidala's ship first arrives in Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace.

I then searched for any evidence but I couldn't find it. Do you guys know where I have to look to find it?
Sorry to bother you guys with it but I just want to know if it is true or not :monkey3

Do you guys know where I have to look to find it?

The temple can be seen briefly in the background of the city-planet of Coruscant when Queen Amidala's ship first arrives in Star Wars Episode One: The Phantom Menace.

You're welcome.

Close thread.

In the background of the city-planet of Coruscant!!!

Sonofabeach :mad:

I would A) move this thread to the Sandbox B) lock it or C) delete it BUT D) this response was too awesome to not have it stay forever on the first page of the SW thread.

If you want a question answered...

And no one else can help you...

If you can find him...

You should ask...

[dun dun dun]

KING DARKNESS (spelled out in bullets)

[cue van to do mid-air flip and explosion to send military extra flying through the air]

I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for that temple the next time I watch Episode I. But now that I think about it, it might be a while before I get to look for that temple.

I would A) move this thread to the Sandbox B) lock it or C) delete it BUT D) this response was too awesome to not have it stay forever on the first page of the SW thread.

If you want a question answered...

And no one else can help you...

If you can find him...

You should ask...

[dun dun dun]

KING DARKNESS (spelled out in bullets)

[cue van to do mid-air flip and explosion to send military extra flying through the air]

mrkd.jpg

Back