Neck plugs???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j14

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi just wondering if anybody would know where to buy the plastic plug that is inside a standard head. I have two heads that need to be drilled and I'd like to fit these heads with the plastic plugs that attach to the neck post.

Can you buy these plugs anywhere?

Thanks,

J

Hi thanks for that but that's not the part I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a few of these (the inner plastic part not the entire head)

562fbb6d-ecb7-4831.jpg

To attach to the neck post of these

562fbb6d-ecd2-fee1.jpg

Thanks for the reply.

J.

Last edited:
The plastic rings are not easily found, in fact, I don't think I've seen them for sale.

What I do suggest is buying blutac and fill in the cavities of the sculpt then insert the neck.

Don't know what blutac is ? :

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hzb_wul3JY[/ame]

I keep on meaning to write a proper tutorial for this stuff one day but for now I'll just point you to https://sugru.com/ for a great rubber material to make plugs from.

I keep on meaning to write a proper tutorial for this stuff one day but for now I'll just point you to https://sugru.com/ for a great rubber material to make plugs from.

Thanks for the link. I have placed an order for this stuff. Can't believe it's based in Europe and I've never heard of it.

Don't suppose you have any tips about using it???

J.

Thanks for the link. I have placed an order for this stuff. Can't believe it's based in Europe and I've never heard of it.

Don't suppose you have any tips about using it???

J.

I don't think anyone's really heard of it in this community and I keep on meaning to make a big noise about it so everyone starts to use it but I never get around to it because I've been waiting til I've the time to do a proper tutorial with pics and everything.

Quick tips for you though:
It's a little messy, so have a damp cloth to hand to wipe your fingertips and preferably apply it to your heads before painting them, so you don't get mess on your precious paintwork.
Once you open a sugru sachet you have to use the whole sachet at once so wait until you've got a batch of things to do before you open one.

I don't think anyone's really heard of it in this community and I keep on meaning to make a big noise about it so everyone starts to use it but I never get around to it because I've been waiting til I've the time to do a proper tutorial with pics and everything.

Quick tips for you though:
It's a little messy, so have a damp cloth to hand to wipe your fingertips and preferably apply it to your heads before painting them, so you don't get mess on your precious paintwork.
Once you open a sugru sachet you have to use the whole sachet at once so wait until you've got a batch of things to do before you open one.

Just one question...does it dry hard or is there any elasticity in it when its dry?

I made a mess of a resin hand that I was drilling and I want to fill it in and start again so just wondering if I could use this to do the job.

My order should arrive tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Jay.

Sorry, I should have explained better: it dries into a firm but slightly flexible rubber to make great sockets for joints.
I've drawn a quick rough tutorial that explains how I use it in terms of neck plugging:
attachment.php

When I do the full tutorial I'll saw a head in half and take photos. Lord knows I've got enough messed up heads from failed casting attempts!

Back