Batman Black and White Mignola variant statue review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's already time for another Batman Black and White statue - the first 're-issue' of the series! Okay, it's technically a variant, but fans of the original Mike Mignola version should be pleased. Check out the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

cool statue

cool review, i really enjoy reading reviews or finding figs at michaels site

I really struggle to see the appeal in this piece let alone why it's been re-released/going for crazy prices on the after market.

If they're re-releasing this why not throw a re-release the way of the Arkham Asylum one as well ;)

I passed before because I hate the pose but after seeing it in person, I love the 2-d effect. Very eye catching.

Wow, I didnt know there were people who didnt like the Mignola ones. I know some dont like his art, but this statue is the only one of the B&W ones that look like the comic book came to life. Not saying the others are bad, they are great, but they look like.. well statues. This one,(really these two, dont have the variant yet) are something special to see in person.

Totally agree on this: "I just don't think this symbol looks right on this costume." True that this one has lost the appeal the previous one had.

Upside down Batarang and the accentuated gray on the cowl, what were they thinking? Thank you Michael, for another great review!

On a side note, if the major reason for DC to release this variant was the after market prices of previous one, they should really think about variants of 5-6 more statues: Mazzucchelli, Miller, and Bermejo Joker, to name a few.

As far as I'm concerned, the 1st one is still the best by far. I love the Risso B&W. It's the only one I would never part with.

Is the new logo simply painted on there, or are there any sculpted grooves (it seems like there are grooves on the first version, judging by pics)?
If it's just paint, it shouldn't be hard to repaint the logo and put the old one there, you don't even have to do any blending as the whole statue basically consists of three different colors.

It's just paint.

I heard from Jonathan Matthews today, who sent along a jpg of a Mignola cover showing the oval symbol, so it wasn't completely out of context. I still like the larger bat symbol better.

Sorry Lee - mine is packed away. It's still six months away before I have everything out again, as I have to finish 1300 square feet of hardwood floor in my house first.

Back