DETOLF Weight Limit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frostlord

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm buying myself some Detolf cabinet's, but I'm concerned about how much weight they can handle.

It say on the Ikea site they can handle 6 kg but I'm worried about putting my 1/4 premium formats on them. I'm pretty sure most 1/4 statues weigh more then 6 kg.

Has anyone had any problems with Detolf shelfs collapsing from too much weight?

Last edited:
Just go to a glass place and have them cut you a thicker piece of glass to the exact dimensions of the existing ones .

Try Home Depot , or Lowes , they also have plexi glass , that is obviously stronger than real glass

don't be mistaken. Plexiglass will not break as easily but it will bend like no tomorrow unless it's properly supported. I have 1/2" thick acrylic and it still bends :p
The detolf setup you will be better off w thicker glass

You are wise for worrying.

picture.php

Holy crap! Thats whats I'm afraid of happening, one day I come home to find my shelves have broken and damaged all the statues below them along the way.

I might consider getting thinker glass if that helps but I think I'd still worry a bit.

Thanks for your help guys

I won't put too much weight on it, I did put some pf, but besta is batter for everything , and you can only display 3 1/4 statue in one case. My is like that.

i own two detlofs.. had them about 18 months now i guess..

im not sure what the weight limit is on them, but i can tell you what mine did hold with no problems for months,,

carnage comquette. on one shelf ...hes quite weighty..
x-23 comquette and !AH, mystique both on one shelf..

because there not that wide they have no give or bend in them, for it to break you would have to put something extremely heavy on them..

or like like what was said earlier. get some toughened safety glass cut.

im in the process of replacing my detlofs with wider/ taller double door glass display cabinets.. but im replacing the glass first thing as the display cabinets will be holding two statues per shelf.. and theres no way i want to come home and find my thanos sitting on x-23 face!

change the glass mate.. at least it gives you peace of mind, and its cheaper than replacing valuable statues.

good luck, :)

Last edited:
I replaced the glass in my display cases with 3/16" aluminum powder coated a satin black.

Even that is bending a little with the morgul lord and gandalf PFs on one shelf.

I will be replacing the glass, any suggestions where to go to get thicker glass for the shelves?

I have heard the Besta cases are good, but i cant seem to find them on the Ikea site. How big are they? Could they fit a PF Thor?

Well, since Ikea doesn't sell replacement shelves for their detolfs, I had to pay a visit to my local glass/mirror shop.

I bought the detolfs on sale at $65.00 each, they're back up to $150.00 last I checked.

The glass place wanted $55.00 to replace the tempered glass shelf or $23.00 for the non tempered glass.

I went with the cheaper alternative because I couldn't see myself paying almost the same price for a single shelf piece as I did for the entire cabinet.

Last edited:
Today my iron spiderman Comiquette collapsed through the glass shelf and shattered to pieces... Do NOT use the standard glass shelves or you will be sorry.

How much weight can we put on top of the detolf??
Right now I have the Star Wars speeder bike PF on top of one and th Big Chap on top of the other.

Back