And, more importantly, will we ever get a human faced Darla

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DouglasMcc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Part 2:

I can almost understand the hesistation by collectors and such to ask for another human face Spike. Despite a somewhat lifeless gaze, the sculpt itself on the School Hard version is darn near perfect.

Darla on the other hand is far from perfect. Now, I am not talking about Willow off. However, I was never too fond of the way they sculpted her Vamp face. I had the blue version ordered, but ended up cancelling it. It just didn't "ring" for me. I really hope we get a human version of her appearances on Angel. While I usually find the whole school girl outfit hottest in the real-world... I never found her that "hot" on Buffy. However, once she started popping up on Angel and trying to seduce our brooding Vampire Batman.. well, her appeal just skyrocketed. When I cancelled my order, I felt deep down, they went with the Vamp first, because she was much more beautiful on Angel, so they saved the human face for that line. And best of all.... you can make her exclusive... BABY CONNER. That would rank number 2 on the best exclusive ladder (just behind the Slayer Scythe).

I also want a human faced Darla figure but if they are to do one, and it is just one, I want an Origin's Darla to go with Liam. That would make an awesome figure! And Liam is lonely!:monkey2

I'd love to have "The Prodigal" Darla to go with Liam, but I'm really not sure if the Angel line will get that far. Unlike the Buffy line, I think Angel will end up being strictly Team Angel members.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I'd love to have "The Prodigal" Darla to go with Liam, but I'm really not sure if the Angel line will get that far. Unlike the Buffy line.

That's probably the only Darla I would purchase...I just can't resist the period clothes and the gown and overall look of the figure (if they captured her) would be beautiful.

I'd love a human faced Darla aswell. I really didn't take to the vamp faced version and so it would be marvelous to have a version of her that actually looked like a true copy of how she appeared in the show.

Especially if she was in period attire and could be paired with Angelus. :D

I'd love to see either an origins or modern human faced Darla in the Angel line next. Preferably origins as was said before, to go with Liam. :D

Plus the costume would be faaaaaaabulous. :lol

IF they go into the "period" clothing era, they would score big with us collectors if we got a set of four; Angellus, Darla, Drusilla, and gool 'ol William the Bloody, all in human faces. I'm pretty sure everybody would go for those!

I can see 3 of those 4. However, if I remember right, the Vamp Dru didn't sell too well. I doubt Sideshow would produce another version of her. However, her outfit looks period-ish enough. She could still fit in.

My only hesistation to a period version of Darla, is I doubt they would include baby Conner as an exclusive. I really want a baby Conner :monkey3

Now I could be remembering wrong, but I thought Vamp Dru was one of the Buffy figures that sold exceptionally well and sold out quickly?

Anywho, I could see all four of those figures doing very well. Origin's Angel/Liam may not have on his own but with those other figures to go with him, they'd all be a hit.

I like to pair my figures up with figures that go with him and Liam is looking awfully lonely!!

And considering that Darla never actually even got to hold baby Connor maybe he could come with another figure, like Holtz perhaps.

Dru is one of the best figures ever.And i belive she sold well.....

Erm im not keen on a william as i was not keen him or spike.
No need for a new Dru as the one we have is fangtastic.
But A new darla is a must,I wanted a darla for ages and we got stuck with an ugly one,but a new one to go with liam would be great.
I would rather a angel modern darla.

Well, I am willing to bet against near anything that Holtz is never made (heck we have a better chance of getting Lindsay or Lilia hot brunette lawyer - fritzing on name). I suppose Connor could come with a Reign of Fire style Wesley... but I kinda want a Rogue Demon Hunter Wesley with motocycle helmet. Besides, the exclusives often do not make chronological sense. Faith came with the Scythe. However, I may be wrong, but I do not think she had ever actually held it at that point (pretty sure Faith came before the series finale).

She was essential to Connor (yeah, DUH), but it would just make a cool exclusive.

I want baby Connor... heck, if I have to raid some Barbie dolls and make a custom I will by dang it LOL:rotfl

Now that you mention it... I would love the four of them in very specific period outfits: Fool for Love, during the Boxer Rebellion flashback - after Spike kills the slayer and he and Dru meet up with Angelus and Darla outside. That slow-mo walk through the carnage with Spike doing a little happy leap... that's always been one of my favorite shots in the shows history. I looked for a pic of it, but couldn't find one. How about you Buffy fanatics help a brother out :D I would pay for that set... heck, I might even cancel my Jabba to buy that set... might :rotfl

Yes, I want human Darla too!!! I felt she was the hottest looking gal in the Angel series... sorry Cordy... Then I second for Anya in the Buffy series... sorry Buffy... :rolleyes:

DouglasMcc said:
I suppose Connor could come with a Reign of Fire style Wesley... but I kinda want a Rogue Demon Hunter Wesley with motocycle helmet.
To quote Darth Vader, "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

If we end up getting that goofy Terminator Wes instead of "Apocalypse Nowish" I'm holding you personally responsible. :cut

;)

Come on... I still love post-Doyle, pre-sh## hits the fan Wes the best. He was funny, goofy... in a good way, and true to the character that was created on Buffy. True, later Wes was cool.. but I want my Rouge Demon Hunter :chew

P.S. That reminds me.. what are the chances of us getting Doyle? Especially after the nasty break up with the show, then the tragic death a short time later.

Wesley MUST be the next Angel figure (because I said so!)
I also want Lilah (because Lilah just RULED,) Doyle, human Darla and of course Gunn and Fred.
Conner was one of the most annoying characters in all of buffyverse but I wouldn't mind a baby one, I didn't hate him when he was a baby - just later when he was a whining teenager who made the wrong choice EVERY SINGLE TIME he had a choice to make. He was an idiot! I wish Jasmine would have eaten him! Sorry... you shouldn't get me started about Conner... :banghead

Back