Medicom 1:6 (or so) scale TC-14

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Cruel

Super Freak
Reaction score
Why is there not yet a thread for this figure?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=901836&ref=HZ2_TN_Star Wars-Latest#!prettyPhoto/0/

TC-14.jpg

Yeah, that chrome has a very nice effect. Love this model, I just don't collect droids.

The chrome does look great. I imagine cost will be a factor for many pulling the trigger on this (like everything 1:6th these days.)

TC looks great but at that price, even with Flexpay, it's just to much. I got the original Medicom R2 and 3PO and I'm very happy with them. But I just can't seem to be able to bring myself to order this one, and I really liked TC-14.

I'm hoping they fix the chest dent, as pointed out in the 3po r2 thread, this is a straight re-paint, tc-14 should not have the dent on the chest plate. Especially at this price point, should be perfect given lower production costs with re-paints.

Not removing the dent is funny... but not unexpected as any company will try to recoup as much cost as they can when making unique bodies like this.

And don't forget Medicom also released 4-Lom which heavily used the C-3PO body. I think its fair to assume we'll see a few more releases using it and that Sideshow will follow a similar pattern.

And don't forget Hasbro also did the same with their 1/6 series.

I don't mind the "dent" on the chest, I expect companies to re-use molds and Ive been putting up with it for years since I hope it helps to keep costs down for me:dunno. I'm not a :FREAK: when it comes to "exact" screen accurateness, close though. But also, I'm not gonna shell out over $200 for a repaint figure:horror. I wouldn't even do that for a K-3PO or R-3PO, at least I like to think and hope I wouldn't.:gah: If it was under $100 then I would for sure get it, or maybe $125 since I would be able to use flexpay.

Picked this up for less than half price from ebay, factory second with no box and some chrome marks (damn I feel naughty, should I even be admitting that? :lol)- Ideal because I want to repaint it! red, white, weathered chrome? no idea yet :( despite its flaws (the headsculpt is very stylised but it kinda feels ok in hand) it has a really nice presence that I'm sure is what makes the c3po owners so dogged about defending it, basically for what I paid I'm happy.

Also feel the need to keep the eyes switched on forever, never usually big on light up gimmicks - any idea how long the 2 watch batteries will last?

His height is ok, but build wise he is a bit skinny, but its such a nice package you suspend disbelief that a man has to fit inside a 1:1 suit and your mind just perceives it in SW terms as a droid, that could potentially be slighter than organics

Did this thread miss the move to action figures?

That's a great score, mortifactor. Can't really see having any complaints at that price. Kinda shocked you want to repaint it as I think the chrome really elevates this figure but if it were me, I guess I'd go with white (K-3PO look).

Not true for me. Don't care about scale they look awesome! More concerned with the price of them than anything. I WILL own them when i can get them cheaper.

Back