Spike is Live!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I am not happy at the moment with PF Buffy
I think this Spike is excellent. Did regular pre order . No flexpay
this time. If I do cancel won't have to worry about the fees.

I ordered one, but when the time comes I'll have to decide between him and Jabba. Maybe I'll hit the lotto before then.

Hi, I ordered this just in case it sells out quick, but I might cancel it depending on the total price. Are the US estimate shipping costs around $40? Is anyone from the EU who has ordered a PF statue from the SSC webpage before? How much did you pay for shipping? How much did you pay for taxes? I'd really like to figure out an estimate total price to see if it's really worth it getting the exclusive Spike from SS. I don't want to end up paying $400 for this. Someone help me please :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

olvidadero said:
Are the US estimate shipping costs around $40?
The estimate on mine was around $12, but having ordered PF pieces in the past I know it will actually be closer to $20.

Amazing, Oluf has now sculpted one of the best PF likeness' ever made.

This is a winner guys, IMO.

Oh god I'd love to get this, but I'm another worried about how much it will cost to ship such a heavy thing to the UK. Does anybody know how much something like this would come to?

I've requested info via Sideshow, and I hope they manage to get back to me before he sells out!

He looks gorgeous, but the price is a real problem for me at the moment. *sigh*

Oh well, we'll see how much extra the postage will be, and if I can find a bank to rob, then that might help things!

Amazing, Oluf has now sculpted one of the best PF likeness' ever made.

They used the old human Spike sculpt Oluf did back in 2004 right? My 12 inch human Spike looks just exactly like this PF Human Spike face. I would've liked something new even though the sculpt is absolutely perfect... anyway, the vampire head makes it really worth it.

I will not deny that the School Hard Spike is a great sculpt. However, the expression is rather lifeless to me. For lack of a better explanation, he just seems rather zombie-ish. I would love to get a 12" with the PF sculpt (plus the exchangable heads LOL). It looks much more intense and concentrated (he's concentrating... not getting ready to make lemonade :D ). If you look carefully you can see the difference.

Also, that PF Vamp face is SOOOO much better than the Vamp figure they made. I like the contemplative look much better than the screamin' version.

Isn't this going to ship from the EU warehouse too? I didn't notice anything to contrary, but CS should be able to answer that for sure.

And I have to agree, I like this Vampire sculpt much better than those we've had with the 1/6 scale.

I might order this incase. If the Buffy PF is not improved then I will cancel both. No point if having a good Spike and Poor Buffy.

I definitely ordered the exclusive version, but they ought to make some slight tweaks. First, as others pointed out the coat's length and its sleeves need to be made longer and the lapels should be adjusted. Unlike Angel, who wore multiple coats of varying style and length, Spike only wore one long leather coat on Buffy. He wore others on Season 5 of Angel, but for all his seasons on Buffy there was only one long leather coat worn by James Marsters as Spike (a second was worn exclusively by the stunt double). As such, it's important to get the jacket right. At one point believe it or not, that jacket was valued at $400,000.

https://www.atnzone.com/tvzone/features/buffycon_1.shtml

So, getting "the one true Spike jacket" right is important. Secondly, the brow ridges on the vamp face aren't typical of how Spike looked in most actual episodes. Maybe Sideshow based them on Season 2 promo shoots or very early S2 eps in which they were exaggerated and overly painted, but for the vast majority of Buffy Spike's ridges on-screen were very different from what's shown. Around the eyes the raised area of the facial appliance isn't well-defined and chiseled as in the SS proto--it's thicker, but blended into the actor's face with no deep-lined boundaries. Screenshots from any S3 to S7 episode show this, but for a quick shot that's already online try the bottom left screenshot on the first wallpaper linked here. Given the promo photo derivation of both the Buffy PF and now the vamp Spike PF head, I think it would be a great idea if SS weighed heavier the actual on-screen appearance of characters, not just their look in a photoshoot or atypical early appearance, in future. While the Spike vamp likeness SS is using is technically accurate since it was used in Spike's first appearances and promos, it's still not what he usually looked like.

That's just my opinion, though. I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth and am glad to be getting this, but I just think the above are constructive criticisms which would benefit Spike in particular and the line in general.

I don't think it's the same sculpt as the 12" Spike. I held mine up to the screen to compare and this Spike does seem to have more expression, even a tiny bit of a snarl looking like it's about to appear. Plus his face seems a little wider. He looks fantastic!!

SergeiEsenin said:
I definitely ordered the exclusive version, but they ought to make some slight tweaks. First, as others pointed out the coat's length and its sleeves need to be made longer and the lapels should be adjusted. Unlike Angel, who wore multiple coats of varying style and length, Spike only wore one long leather coat on Buffy. He wore others on Season 5 of Angel, but for all his seasons on Buffy there was only one long leather coat worn by James Marsters as Spike (a second was worn exclusively by the stunt double). As such, it's important to get the jacket right. At one point believe it or not, that jacket was valued at $400,000.

https://www.atnzone.com/tvzone/features/buffycon_1.shtml

So, getting "the one true Spike jacket" right is important. Secondly, the brow ridges on the vamp face aren't typical of how Spike looked in most actual episodes. Maybe Sideshow based them on Season 2 promo shoots or very early S2 eps in which they were exaggerated and overly painted, but for the vast majority of Buffy Spike's ridges on-screen were very different from what's shown. Around the eyes the raised area of the facial appliance isn't well-defined and chiseled as in the SS proto--it's thicker, but blended into the actor's face with no deep-lined boundaries. Screenshots from any S3 to S7 episode show this, but for a quick shot that's already online try the bottom left screenshot on the first wallpaper linked here. Given the promo photo derivation of both the Buffy PF and now the vamp Spike PF head, I think it would be a great idea if SS weighed heavier the actual on-screen appearance of characters, not just their look in a photoshoot or atypical early appearance, in future. While the Spike vamp likeness SS is using is technically accurate since it was used in Spike's first appearances and promos, it's still not what he usually looked like.

That's just my opinion, though. I don't mean to look a gift horse in the mouth and am glad to be getting this, but I just think the above are constructive criticisms which would benefit Spike in particular and the line in general.

Wow SE, that is one the most amazing posts I have ever read. :D

pjam said:
Wow SE, that is one the most amazing posts I have ever read. :D

Amazing in that I'm such a big Buffy geek, I know. :lol I'm sure I sound like one of those dorks at a scifi convention debating unimportant minutiae. Or like the Trio from Buffy:

ANDREW: Death Star, dude! Wicked, huh?
JONATHAN: Thermal exhaust port's *above* the main port, numb-nuts.
ANDREW: For your information, I'm using the Empire's revised designs from Return of the Jedi.
JONATHAN: That's a flawed design!

Ah well. I'm incurable. :D

Back