How many of you are gonna sell one of the DX Lukes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

well?

• Yes i will sell one

Votes: 12 8.6%
  • No i will not

Votes: 101 72.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 27 19.3%

• Total voters

OSCORP

Super Freak
Reaction score
:wavewell?:)

I went undecided although i plan on selling the BD. I just don't know how the awesomeness of this figures(s) is going to impact me once in hand.

(another grail fig for me BTW)

I don't need two, but god damn two awesome Lukes. When have we ever gotten two awesome Lukes? Oh that's right we have not! SS failed, as well as Medicom. (EP6 Luke From SS was good for the price, but not on the same planet as this)

Last edited:
Elaborate please!

One is going to be iconic Bespin with gun or saber in hand, the other is going to be hanging from the weather vane.. until Vader comes... then he will be kneeling before Vader having lost a hand and the Vane will be put back into the box until I get bored.

One is going to be iconic Bespin with gun or saber in hand, the other is going to be hanging from the weather vane.. until Vader comes... then he will be kneeling before Vader having lost a hand and the Vane will be put back into the box until I get bored.

Thx.

Too much scenery for me but should look cool have fun! Pixs when you do it!

Part of me wants to just keep the clean version. But part of me wants the BD going against Vader. Probably going to just keep the clean. (and buy fett with the $) Whatever the case i cannot wait!

I think the clean plus the EX will be a nice display piece!

This is what i am thinking as well. (just not 100% sure on that) Plus it could fund SS Fett!

Well, if you're selling one to fund Fett then I think you can't lose. For myself, I like both for different reasons and will display them both. If I had to give one up, it would be the clean as I think the battle damaged Luke is just a bit closer to Hamill and we never see figures made with injuries and BD, etc., it looks really cool (like the clean for the iconic Bespin Luke look, though, as someone previously mentioned). Also happy about the exclusive and the weather vane. Altogether, it's an amazing bundle, especially when compared to say the Medi Darth Vader 2.0.

Last edited:
I'm planning on getting this figure, I am just waiting for some pending reward points to clear before I order.

Personally, I wish they would just sell the clean Luke for half the price, which is why I would consider selling the battle damaged one.

I like the clean Luke because it just captures that iconic look of my childhood memory of Luke coming to the rescue in the halls of Bespin. I am not interested at all in a hand-less Luke hanging from the weather vain or even with the medical device over his stump he received after he was rescued by the Falcon.

If I displayed the BD one at all it would be WITH his hand, wielding his lightsaber as if in the midst of the battle he had with Vader. perhaps if I ever get 1/6 scale Vader, I might pose them together as if they were dueling. OR if I were really ambitious enough I could imagine using the figure with Vader in a diorama of the "I am you're father" scene provided I could recreate the set they were on well enough. But like i said, that would be really ambitious.

In the end, I am undecided. I would not buy the BD one alone, but after I have it in hand will I find it worth it to go through the effort of selling to try and recoup half the cost I paid for both of them? It is a good likeness, perhaps better than the clean one. I think I am going to have to ding around with it some before I decide for sure if I will keep it or sell it.

I am curious though about the reasoning behind those wanting to sell the clean one. I would love to hear more about why some might chose the BD one over the clean one.

I am curious though about the reasoning behind those wanting to sell the clean one. I would love to hear more about why some might chose the BD one over the clean one.

While I don't think I'd like to split them up (it was quite wise I think of HT to bundle these two together as they form a great kind of yin-yang package) my favourite of the two is definitely the battle damaged for the reasons listed above (think the likeness is a touch closer to Hamill; figure being made with realistic battle damage seems pretty unusual), along with the fact that Empire is by far my favourite in the series, precisely because the heroes face some pretty brutal set-backs.

The scene with Luke facing Vader for the first time and doing unexpectedly well in the carbon freezing chamber (aside from fact Vader was just toying with him in the beginning) to him being pummelled and ultimitely losing his hand is pretty iconic to me. It was not at all what I was expecting when I went to see the film as a kid and along with Solo getting frozen, just brought a lot of depth and complexity to the series that wasn't there for me in Ep IV.

That said, I really think the figures complement each other very well and I'd feel as if something was missing if I sold the clean version. Looking forward to just displaying that one against a clean white background whereas BD Luke would look great (with hand) facing off with Vader if SSC releases the carbon chamber they were talking about in a previous Q&A. Also will use the weather vane to change things up as I think it's a pretty cool prop in its own right.

I'll keep both, although I probably won't always display both. Just kind of depends on what groupings I have displayed at the time and if the Weathervane can actually be used for a long term display as I think the BD Luke hanging off of it might be pretty sweet.

I can't really say right now. Depends on how I feel when I get them in-hand. Based on the prototypes, if I were to keep one, it would be the BD version because the likeness is better. But I do like having "clean" figures on the shelf. I think a Vader vs. BD Luke display would be nice.

I'm going to pose the regular one standing on my IG-88 lit base. The BD figure will hang from that sweet weather vane. My SS Bespin Luke may get set up in his under shirt with Yoda in the backpack. :rock

Back