LEGO Ultimate Collector’s Series R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
This is set to be released in May, a 2100 pcs R2 LEGO set (featuring a retractable 3rd leg). I'm guessing it'll be one of the first LEGO products that Sideshow offers (given the estimated $250 msrp):

10225.png

https://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/03/lego-collectors-r2-d2/

That looks cool. More than I'd want to do Lego wise though so I'm out, but SS sent out an email earlier with several lego sets you can get right now from them.

That looks cool. More than I'd want to do Lego wise though so I'm out, but SS sent out an email earlier with several lego sets you can get right now from them.

Really? Interesting. Didn't get that email (or the newsletter yet). I guess all of the site issues haven't been rectified yet. :lol

I still think its probably a given that they'll carry this.

Yeah, it had some of the Star Wars stuff as well as POTC items. I would assume so since they've got this other stuff.

They have a few sets available that you can get at regular retail stores like the X-Wing, TIE-Fighter, and Queen Anne's Revenge.

With the NX software it's a shame this isn't programmable and motorized. It wouldn't have cost that much more to encorperate at this price point.

Well this is a must buy for me, luv the LEGO stuff. I was never impressed with the previous large LEGO R2 or 3PO, so this is a very nice update and I shall display him with pride on my over-crowded shelves.

I really want this, love the detailing and functions but....

prices:
US $179.99 CA $229.99 UK 149.99 £ DE 179.99 € DK 1499 DKK

WTF man, our dollar is greater then the US currently.

If I had to guess, I'd bet it's a combination of Lego's pricing not reflecting Canadian currency accurately vis-à-vis
the US dollar and the duties/tariffs the Canadian government slaps on everything that comes into the country. It's ridiculous.

Same here in the U.S., $179.99. Looking forward to getting this at my local LEGO store once it is available:impatient:. Looks like it's gonna be available in May. I'm kinda surprised that the price was only $180, considering that it has 2127 pieces. If I would've to have guessed at the price I would have thought it was gonna be closer to $200, just from my experience with the brick-count to price ratio. Don't get me wrong though, I'm not complaining that it's not more expensive. I will have to use up some of my VIP Reward points when I buy it and get it even cheaper.:yess:

Last edited:
Back