GILES UP FOR PREORDER!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HO! That little fear demon guy is quite the cool and funny little accesory. I don't buy 12' Buffy figures, but I certainly like what I see.

Thanks for the scoop! I've been checking all day and was waiting to pre-order! Got mine pre-ordered!! :lol I love the little fear demon accessory!!! Hope this means we get a Halloween themed set of Buffy figures from that episode! We already have Oz with the "God" name-tagged shirt!

I think he looks great without the glasses. The glasses just seem off to me, too big or something. So my Giles will be posed holding his, maybe cleaning them with a hanky if I manage to make him one!

Edited to add: I just checked out the 360 turn-around feature on him and he looks fantastic!! Way better than any of the photos I've seen! I am so absolutely looking forward to this figure, more than any of the others!

Last edited:
I ordered mine!
There's a typo on the ordering page though:
SIDESHOW U.S. EXCLUSIVE
Within the United States, the Lorne 12-inch figure is only available directly from Sideshow Collectibles.

It sounds like the exclusive he comes with is a Lorne figure. :lol

Omg! I've always wanted to have a little Gachnar!! I was afraid I had to pay like $200 for that DSt Bunny figure to get one (really ugly!) but now I will have one!!!

This is a good one guys, as is Cordy.

Fans clammored for these and SSC delivered. :D

OF COURSE I ordered Cordy, Lorne and Giles! (My user name is "Buffanatic" isn't it?!) No matter what nit-picking I might want to do, no matter what a sculpt looks like, the color or outfit the figures are wearing, I WILL ORDER EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, NO MATTER WHAT!!! BECAUSE IT'S WHAT I DO!!:naughty

Interesting to note that Giles is a prototype pending approval
so there still may be some changes.
The sculptor is Tim Miller of Bad Egg Studios.
He did Washington, Kit Fisto and just did Lorne as well.

I'm just relieved and grateful to SS for finally giving us Giles! And so soon after Cordelia, and now we also have Lorne! There are a number of other figues I'd LIKE to have, but with these announcements, I feel as though my collection is "complete", at least for the figs I wanted most of all. Now I don't feel the "pressure" of "will-they-or-won't-they" release "[fill in the blank]" in either the Buffy or Angel line. Anything else SS announces/releases will be 'icing on the cake' for me! :D

I totally agree with Migwit. No more head banging for me, I will await Q1 07 and then settle down to admire my "complete" collection....while still obsessively buying every darn thing Sideshow release.:rotfl

Migwit said:
I feel as though my collection is "complete", at least for the figs I wanted most of all. Now I don't feel the "pressure" of "will-they-or-won't-they" release "[fill in the blank]" in either the Buffy or Angel line.

Ditto.

Once Giles and Cordelia are placed in my Buffy collection, I'll feel as though it's completed. Anything else released I may or many not buy, it just depends on if I can afford it or if there are other figures I want at the time. I'm very pleased to be content with my Buffy collection.

dr2red said:
Interesting to note that Giles is a prototype pending approval
so there still may be some changes.
The sculptor is Tim Miller of Bad Egg Studios.
He did Washington, Kit Fisto and just did Lorne as well.

Thank god!! At least there's hope.
I had to get him to complete the line and because I support the line and Sideshow [even if they've abandoned most of our favorite lines :monkey3 ]. But, I had thought it weird to be ordering a figure where the Gachnar looked better than Giles.
I haven't heard of Tim Miller OR Bad Egg Studios but having Fisto and Washington in hand and having seen the pix of Giles perhaps he's best suited to doing "historical" sculpts where no one has seen the real subject and it limits comparisons.

I feel as though my collection is "complete", at least for the figs I wanted most of all. Now I don't feel the "pressure" of "will-they-or-won't-they" release "[fill in the blank]" in either the Buffy or Angel line.

I won't feel that my collection is complete until I get Anya, Anyanka, Tara, and Dawn and some other monster or big villian like Vamp Xander, Mayor Wilkins or Glory, as well as human versions of Darla and Drusilla in period dresses, William the Poet and maybe Riley, Kendra and Jenny (I don't think this is asking too much taking into account they released DK and DH). However, with Giles my collection will be real close to perfection.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GOT HIM! I was not planning a 12-inch Buffy line either but how can anyone resist Giles, especially with the little fella!
LordAzrael said:
Got mine too. Next preorder for me is next week now.... grrrr. Back to the stupid 3am thing.

OH I KNOW!!!! My sleep pattern is all up S***T creek too!! Hence me browsing the forums at 2.30am right now when I should be in bed!!
Do you have a partner that sleeps through the whole pre-order process too? :rolleyes:
It's fun living on the moon... err, in Australia isn't it??!!
:wave

olvidadero said:
I won't feel that my collection is complete until I get Anya, Anyanka, Tara, and Dawn and some other monster or big villian like Vamp Xander, Mayor Wilkins or Glory, as well as human versions of Darla and Drusilla in period dresses, William the Poet and maybe Riley, Kendra and Jenny (I don't think this is asking too much taking into account they released DK and DH). However, with Giles my collection will be real close to perfection.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

For me it's Tara, Dawn, and Anya, in that order. They (especially the first 2) were so integral to S5 through S7 that my collection will never be complete without them. I haven't bought non-core characters like Der Kindestod, Vamp Buffy, or Vamp Darla (though I did get D'Hoffryn), nor did I buy all the retreads of the 3 biggest characters--but I'd preorder Tara, Dawn, or Anya on the first day. The 6" DST OMWF Dawn and OMWF Anya are among the most attractive 6" figures I've got, and their OMWF Tara resin bust is amazing. Dawn has been a good seller in DST's stable, contrary to what some naysayers predicted, with the chase OMWF version selling out at many online retailers several months before release.

If Sideshow wants to get the most out of the Buffy license, I think they should seriously consider releasing a Once More With Feeling Tara as the first in a series of OMWF based characters. It's an iconic episode and would reinvigorate Buffy collectors, providing a perfect springboard to release 3 new core characters, new versions of previously released characters, and 1 or 2 monsters (Sweet and one of his henchmen).

Think of the inherent possibilities: Tara in her corset dress is a sure sellout; Sweet could have his red suit as an exclusive and blue suit as standard; a new Willow sculpt in her flowing dress would sell well, go well with Tara, and rectify the biggest mistake in the line; Dawn in her satiny blue dress would be a real hit--even many people who might not otherwise buy a Dawn would go for her in that outfit; the puppet-minion could have an exclusive with blonde hair, effectively making him 2 of the minions and selling even better; Anya's green-and-black butterfly-chested outfit in the episode is one of her best; Buffy's red outfit and well-sculpted hair might make her attractive even to people with multiple Buffys already, not to mention those who'd want a complete OMWF set; Spike's subtly curly hair unique to the episode would make him a candidate for another figure, if SS really wanted to do another; and if it seems feasible depending on both previous Xander sales and how well OMWF-themed figures were selling, a silky pyjamas-wearing Xander could be a possibility.

Maybe I'm dreaming, but I think the Buffy line would be rejuvenated and receive renewed interest if Sideshow announced an OMWF Tara with plans to do more OMWF characters. Anyone agree or disagree?

Back