Hot Toys Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

statuesorbust

Freakalicious
Reaction score
When did Hot Toys start helping with the 12" Star Wars line and to what extent?

I recently picked up Commander Cody and there is a Hot Toys logo on the bottom of the package...

Hot toys and sideshow now share the license and characters, there likely won't be duplicate characters.

It's likely Hot Toys will take over the iconic humanoid characters and Sideshow will stick to aliens, droid and clones

So the logo is on the box (not because Hot Toys actually did work on Commander Cody), because they share the license?

thanks for the information! If anyone else has any info, it would be very much appreciated :)

Hot toys and sideshow now share the license and characters, there likely won't be duplicate characters.

It's likely Hot Toys will take over the iconic humanoid characters and Sideshow will stick to aliens, droid and clones

Not true at all. Sideshow holds the license. They just lease it out HT for specific figures.

HT helped develop the armored body, hense their logo being included on Cody.

as far as duplicates ht's first release will be a duplicate..........bespin luke...........soooo.........:dunno

Pretty sure he just meant they won't be releasing competing versions at the same time, directly taking sales from one another. SSC's Bespin Luke is a relic that can only bought on the secondary market.

Pretty sure he just meant they won't be releasing competing versions at the same time, directly taking sales from one another. SSC's Bespin Luke is a relic that can only bought on the secondary market.

oh.......yea if that's what he meant............i agree..............ssc & ht will not be releasing a ex: darth vader at the same time................the world would explode...........or maybe just this board...........yea prolly just this board...............:lol

Ever since they started looking better and probably when the prices started to skyrocket.

I remember reading about this when they first introduced the General Kenobi figure. I believe that is the first one they worked on together, well that they said they did. I remember them posting something about Hot Toys helping them in the development of the slimmer body for the clones so it would look appropriate with all the armor on and I think they also helped with the armor. Hence in partnership with Hot Toys logo. Well that's from what I can remember from way back then.

oh.......yea if that's what he meant............i agree..............ssc & ht will not be releasing a ex: darth vader at the same time................the world would explode...........or maybe just this board...........yea prolly just this board...............:lol

Haha, yeah, could definitely see some angry threads taking off if they ever did that.

Hasbro owns the license for SW 12" figures. Hasbro leases the the license to sideshow. Hot Toys assisted in the development of the armored figure body and armor(I think). At last SDCC it was announced that Hot Toys would be making figures as a sub license to Sideshow.

Not true at all. Sideshow holds the license. They just lease it out HT for specific figures.

HT helped develop the armored body, hense their logo being included on Cody.

^ There ya go OP, Buttmunch trounced me :lol

(but i was right about the HS, so still get a point)

:exactly: can't imagine they'd each be making the same versions of the same characters

So does this mean Hot Toys will be re-doing ANH Ben, Luke, Leia, Han and ESB Bespin Han? They're already doing that incredible new Bespin Luke. I missed out on SSC ANH Ben and Ebay prices are ridiculous for him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back