First Look at Wondercon Exclusive Kotobukiya Star Wars Shock Trooper Two Pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rad toy review

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Thought I'd post over here and let anyone who's interested know that RtR got a first look at Koto's 2012 Wondercon Exclusive Shock Trooper set.

Check it out at Rad Toy Review!

Hope you enjoy, cheers.

Great review!

The packaging looks exactly like Sideshow, threw me for a minute.

These look really good but the arm stripes look too thin to me, good price for two of them - would have preferred maybe one Shock and then one 501st though.

Thanks for the post, never would have saw these otherwise.

Glad you liked the review. I'm not too well versed on "later" Star Wars, so my interest in these particular character wasn't the highest.. but after having them in the office the past week, I really like them.. I think the stark red on white is pretty striking and looks cool.. even if being an avid 3A collector the past few years has me thinking that I wouldn't mind seeing a dirtier, war worn version of them...

Yeah specially with the Shocktroops as they were supposed to have seen lots of action, but at that scale battle damage paint apps might not come across as well as in a larger format. These would make a great scale for desk display pieces where space is less readily available. Quick question, how long did it take you to change the poses with the various pieces needed for each pose?

Great review!

The packaging looks exactly like Sideshow, threw me for a minute.

These look really good but the arm stripes look too thin to me, good price for two of them - would have preferred maybe one Shock and then one 501st though.

Thanks for the post, never would have saw these otherwise.
Packaging looks like all SW products, LFL has required people to use that design for some time now.

Pretty cool. I am glad I am not collecting them as I can see a line like that getting me to spend a lot of money on it.

@Loveminuszero

If they are anything like the OT Stormtroopers then they are 1/10 scale which is about 8". Maybe its the photo's but they look far more plasticky that the OT set.

Quick question, how long did it take you to change the poses with the various pieces needed for each pose?

Well, it's certainly not as quick as changing up a fully articulated figure, but it's relatively painless. It helps to have a little sense of order when you do it so you know what limbs pair up correctly.. takes only a few seconds if you know what you're going for.

Well, it's certainly not as quick as changing up a fully articulated figure, but it's relatively painless. It helps to have a little sense of order when you do it so you know what limbs pair up correctly.. takes only a few seconds if you know what you're going for.

Hmmm, these are really intriguing, if I worked in a place where I could display something like this on my desk / cube - I would jump on them, alas I do not. :(

Back