Dead Alive DVD for $7.50!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
If you are a cheap bastard like me and have put off buying this absolute classic Zombie movie Wal Mart (believe it or not) is selling the DVD for $7.50. And even more amazing: it is the 97 minute unrated version... not the abysmal 85 minute R-rated fiasco.

Just thought I'd help-out any fellow zombie-lovin'-cheapskates!

It was in one of those DVD racks they have in the aisle... but it was in with all the $7.50 DVD's. I was very shocked to see it there, and didn't pick it up until I saw it was the unrated version!

I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but I'm fairly sure only the unrated version is on dvd in region 1. I know the rated version made it to Vhs but I don't think dvd....either way, awesome movie.

Good to know, I remebre when I was younger I always had to check the back when renting to make sure I didn't get the R version. Maybe that version never made it to DVD, which would be a good thing IMO.

I think I've only seen the unrated version. Wouldn't the R rated version only be about 20 minutes long? :D

Its actuall 85 minutes, but eveytime you're about to get to some of the "ultra-violence" the scene ends. Its actually ridiculous, confusing and nearly impossible to watch. The R-rated version is about on par with the Star Wars Holiday special, but not nearly as creepy :monkey3

I have never seen this flick:monkey3, so I will have to pick it up, and at only $7.50 how could you go wrong!

King you have to see this one! F'n hilarious, and very, very gory! Its a true classic worthy (although completely unrelated) of the Great Kurgan!!!

galactiboy said:
King you have to see this one! F'n hilarious, and very, very gory! Its a true classic worthy (although completely unrelated) of the Great Kurgan!!!
Very true! I think this movie had the most buckets of blood ever! Great stuff.

Isn't it reported that the one scene (not to give away what its about) used like 300 gallons of blood alone?!? It is a movie that is not afraid to go all out!

galactiboy said:
Isn't it reported that the one scene (not to give away what its about) used like 300 gallons of blood alone?!? It is a movie that is not afraid to go all out!

I'am sold...Any movie that uses 300 gallons of blood for ONE scene is definitely worthy of a veiwing from a Crusader!!

galactiboy said:

i can imagine. If you guys watch the "scene" you will be amazed as to how much blood was used.

...also, if you guys do like this movie, I recommend renting or buying "BAD TASTE" :D

hairlesswookiee said:
i went to wal mart tonight and they didnt have it. ill have to try another one thats on the other side of town.

Hopefully you find it, I don't know if all Wal Marts carry the same movies... I found mine outside of Grand Rapids, Michigan.

galactiboy said:

That sounds about right. At the SBIFF a few years ago PJ did a screening of that film and said that they used so much blood in the films that there is still remnants of said blood in the building where they filmed (on the ceiling) to this day. :lol Great, great horror/gore flick. Nice to hear you can pick it up for a great $7.50 price.

My WM has one marked $7.50, but it says rated R / 97 min .. Is this the same one? Is it just marked wrong (ala Swamp Thing)?

Interesting, mine is Unrated and 97 minutes... I guess it could have gotten a rating somewhere of R, but the length is right. Strange?

Back