Action Figure custom made The walking dead bicycle girl zombie (update status at pg4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyzombie

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi, I'm now making the 1/6 bicycle girl zombie figure, and here is the head sculpt in progress, just let me know what u think!!!.......wish u like this!!!:)
Since it's my first time to try Molding & Casting, any good advise for me???? e.g. should I need to bake the head before Molding (I'm using Super Sculpey) also for making an action figure, which material is better for Casting...........Thanks!!
headtest033.jpg

headtest021.jpg

headtest022.jpg

Here are two "color test" base on the original pics from The walking dead,(as comparison, I need to reduce the size of both eye a little bit, may be 10%)...anyway,enjoy it.........:)
colortest012.jpg

73972_1574583197654_1027776703_1604254_297094_n.jpg

ORIGINAL PIC

colortest022.jpg

TWD-1024x768-3PRE.jpg

ORIGINAL PIC

Last edited:
Re: custom made The walking dead bicycle girl zombie

If that's Super Sculpey, baking would be a good idea. Helps solidify the sculpt to prevent it from getting smeared or smushed during molding.

Oh, and that's one sick job you did. Looks fantastic! :rock

Great job! I'm interested in seeing the finished product!

GREAT JOB!!

Very nice - great job!

Damn, thats cool, wish I had that talent. The details are amazing!

That looks great! Professional quality for sure.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I am curious about your (or anyone else reading) experience working with super sculpey. I have been considering starting my own project, a 1/6 scale werewolf, and I was curious about the firmness and ease of detailing the material. I also saw another type of Sculpey available, extra firm, I believe it was called. Any suggestions or recommendations? Also, what tools are you using to sculpt and detail, and where may I find them myself? I appreciate it!

Again, great work on that headsculpt. I look forward to seeing it completed!

Looks great to me. Ima have to find that footage of how that girl got like that.

If that's Super Sculpey, baking would be a good idea. Helps solidify the sculpt to prevent it from getting smeared or smushed during molding.

Oh, and that's one sick job you did. Looks fantastic! :rock

Hi, thanks for your opinion.....:)
so if I want to make an action figure, which material do you suggest for casting......???

Very good work! Look forward to seeing it completed.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I am curious about your (or anyone else reading) experience working with super sculpey. I have been considering starting my own project, a 1/6 scale werewolf, and I was curious about the firmness and ease of detailing the material. I also saw another type of Sculpey available, extra firm, I believe it was called. Any suggestions or recommendations? Also, what tools are you using to sculpt and detail, and where may I find them myself? I appreciate it!

Super sculpey firm is good stuff, its hard to kneed but worth it for longer projects.You will need a softner for it but im very hands on and its not as doughy .On tools its really on you , the end of a pen works to tooth picks so you really will find your path.I like a small knife and basic sculpt tool kits.

Hi, thanks for your opinion.....:)
so if I want to make an action figure, which material do you suggest for casting......???

Smooth on .com is the best and theres a lot of videos on the site and on you tube.Like blade was saying bake first for sure

WOW that sculpt is DEAD on!!! .....sorry i couldnt help my self.

Hi,thanks to all people like my work here......:)!!
I've been playing with super sculpey for few years, since I just make things for fun (only 1~2 project a year), not for work, so I can't say I,ve so much experience for using clay.....but I prefer using the "Firm" rather then the other type of super sculpey, about the tools, mainly use those appear on the first pic, just some basic tools only...

Back