1/6th Scale Tim Drake Robin customs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallah

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all!

After getting the Hot Toys Keaton Batman & preordering Nicholson Joker... and with the announcement of HT Batman Returns product... I find myself wanting to "complete" my future 1/6th Batman display with a Time Drake Robin. Ya know- Kinda mirroring the release of Robin in Kenner's Batman Returns line-

8e5ccf1e.jpg

Of course, the flat-top would have to go. ;) I'd love to see something like this in proper scale to the Hot Toys figures-

robin3adams.jpg

Since I doubt Sideshow will tackle this particular costume, I was hoping somebody could point me in the direction of someone who has done this in custom form... or perhaps somebody who does commissions of this particular Robin?

I'd love to see pics of any previously done as well!

Thanks in advance!

Sallah

Here is one I made a few years ago using a Takara Batman. The red and green are darker than in the pictures. I was thinking of making one using the COMEDIAN armor and a hot toys rubber muscular body for the bare elbows look but never got around to it. This suit has always been my favorite and I hope Hot Toys ends up making the forever suit. I also hope the make the AA suit since they just announced Batman!

Here is one I made a few years ago using a Takara Batman. The red and green are darker than in the pictures. I was thinking of making one using the COMEDIAN armor and a hot toys rubber muscular body for the bare elbows look but never got around to it. This suit has always been my favorite and I hope Hot Toys ends up making the forever suit. I also hope the make the AA suit since they just announced Batman!

that Robin is legit. :thud: Looks great!

Very cool custom! I'm looking for something closer to the comic look shown above... But your custom still rocks! :)

Sallah

So it doesn't seem like many folks have done this apparently... Can someone perhaps recommend a good 1/6th scale customizer that takes commissions?

Sallah

I am really surprised that it doesn't appear many folks have attempted this particular version of the character in 1/6th scale. :(

Any help in regards to finding a good customizer to do one of these on commission would be greatly appreciated...

Sallah

I could be wrong but I think Moe or SithlordMacguyver have/has made the costume maybe ask them

EDIT: Yup I guessed right here they are

Moe's Robin:
robincomplete.jpg

Chad(smcg) made a couple as Commissions but he seems abit tied down at the moment but here are his ones:
robinmasked.jpg

He made a female version:
FemRobinCollage.jpg

That looks fantastic, very brave to do such a mod. Love every bit of it. What did you use to paint the suit? Does it come off?

Thanks! I used spray paint. I used a spray primer first. Took a couple of days. The paint Does tend to crack around the joints, but has not started peeling off, and I made this a few years ago.

Guys...That is our Robin Yes...I am currently making changes for Custom I am doing...The details in the shirt, cape, and pockets on the gloves and sleeves will all be there...Oh and robin will have removeable mask.
robincomplete.jpg

Last edited:
I can't remember where I saved this picture from but thought I'd repost it here. Looks pretty good I'd say.
pe2y7a3y.jpg

^ Yup. That's Sebs alright. Has his style all over it.

@Salla if you're interested you should get in touch with Elvis1976. I know he does commissions and has done fairly extensive ones at that. I imagine it would cost you though.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

^ Yup. That's Sebs alright. Has his style all over it.

@Salla if you're interested you should get in touch with Elvis1976. I know he does commissions and has done fairly extensive ones at that. I imagine it would cost you though.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I would LOVE to get a piece from Seb someday... But Moe did a pretty knockout job on one for me already (I just tweaked a couple of minor things on it after its arrival):

I may eventually look for a younger head... But this one is getting the job done for me so far. :)

Sallah

It´s amazing job! Thank you for inspiration!

Back