PDX's Theater Room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideshowpdx

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here's my theater. Feel free to critique... I'm all up for suggestions on the best way to frame in the "closet" section where my components are located...

interior39-vi.jpg

interior50copy-vi.jpg

interior0011-vi.jpg

interior0010-vi.jpg

interior0030-vi.jpg

interior0032-vi.jpg

DSC01147-vi.jpg

interior0017-vi.jpg

interior0026-vi.jpg

interior0027-vi.jpg

AWESOME set up buddy!!!!

VERY IMPRESSIVE! Love your color scheme. :)

That is a huge room.

The CM pieces will fit in great with your set up. Very classy!!!!! I love how it is spaced out.

Great pics.

Last edited:
Man, everytime I look to your pics, I feed bad here

I am currently buying a flat with 3 rooms and 1 saloon which will be completed next year August but, after seeing your theatre saloon, I guess I will be selling my house and buy a bigger one with a bank credit

Great taste really

Gruson said:
That is a huge room.
Which projector do you use again?

We should start a home theater thread on this board.

Great pics.

Thanks Gruson! The room is around 30 feet deep including dormers so I've got my seats 17 feet back from the screen. I would need around another 10 feet to do a "tiered" setup with 4 more theater seats. Never enough room for more statues though. It would be perfect if I had a 3rd dormer to put a 1:1 Endo in and another section of wall to expand on my Star Wars stuff.
I have the Sharp DLP Z-2000 with a 106" Screen Innovations screen.
We should ABSOLUTELY start a HT thread.

statuesorbust said:
We have about the same color walls...

The color of paint I went with was called "Fine Wine" (flat) by Sherwin Williams. The color in person is a pretty dark red. Lighting is tough in pictures, but in person it looks most like the pic with my Sauron helm.

danfaz said:
:monkey5 That's fookin amazing! The equipment, the layout, the collectibles!

Thanks for the compliments... As I see you're a big Alien fan,,, I really cannot wait for the CM Alien to arrive. I "should" have it next week. My goal is to keep my 1:1 Alien Head, Alien Queen Bust and CM Alien all on the same table but I don't want it to look cluttered. Once I get that, I'll feel as if my collection is complete... At least until SS, MR or CM knocks my socks off with something else..

carbo-fation said:
Your rooms looks amazing! Just like Gruson said, the color scheme looks excellent! Are you planning on buying the CM Indy??

Thanks for the compliments Carbo... I would LOVE a CM Indy... It's just the way my room is laid out right now, I've got a "section" for each movie. I simply don't have the space without making things look cluttered. If you have any suggestions, I'm all ears.
I already have a 41x27 Raiders 1-Sheet in my office that would take around 30 seconds to transfer to my Theater. At this point, to add Indy,,, I would have to completely remove one of my current setups.

Does the closet section have some type of ventilation? It will get quite hot in there if you close a door and heat is very bad for those nice components.

As far as a suggestion for a door I would go with some type of smoked or frosted glass and a back lit silloute(know I didnt spell that right) on it of some movie related subject.

A very nice room indeed!!!!

sideshowpdx said:
Thanks for the compliments... As I see you're a big Alien fan,,, I really cannot wait for the CM Alien to arrive. I "should" have it next week. My goal is to keep my 1:1 Alien Head, Alien Queen Bust and CM Alien all on the same table but I don't want it to look cluttered. Once I get that, I'll feel as if my collection is complete... At least until SS, MR or CM knocks my socks off with something else..

I think the new Alien 1:1 bust would look great in your room, too! :D

And maybe that CM Indy and Sparrow? Forget about that Aragorn...Unless they change the head

Back