1/6 Scotch Glass

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarfMaster

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm trying to create this scotch glass in 1/6. Does anyone know what I can use for the actual scotch inside the glass? Any help would be much appreciated! :)

76881-70.jpg

just buy a small bottle of clear gloss at Michaels and add a bit of color to it . It hardens like a rock and looks great . Its like $3

I used it on my Vietman Jungle Diorama - In this pic , it hasen't fully dried so thats why you still see a whiteish color

VIETNAMZOMBIESTAGES054.jpg

Tented clear resin, a small kit would go a long way.

Thanks, is there a tint that could pass for scotch?

just buy a small bottle of clear gloss at Michaels and add a bit of color to it . It hardens like a rock and looks great . Its like $3

I used it on my Vietman Jungle Diorama - In this pic , it hasen't fully dried so thats why you still see a whiteish color

VIETNAMZOMBIESTAGES054.jpg

Very cool, Ecko! I wonder what color could give me scotch...

I would just use real scotch man :lol

Go buy a nip and add it to the stuff :rotfl

couldn't hurt to try , plus like i said , thiis stuff hardens

Interesting...guess you cant get more authentic than that! :lol Thanks for the tip, Ecko :rock

They use tea in films as whiskey, maybe just brew some strong tea. Real alcohol might have a reaction with the resin or gloss stuff.

:lecture

Excellent point, toylion, tea it is!

I know that section well! I'll take a look around. Thanks again :)

:hi5: Hope it works. Funny the things you think of when doing bashes. I had to fill a pipe for my Col. Mortimer and thought, 'Wait I have a cigar in the refrigerator' and took a little tobacco and stuff it in the pipe then just brushed the top with clear gloss.

:hi5: Hope it works. Funny the things you think of when doing bashes. I had to fill a pipe for my Col. Mortimer and thought, 'Wait I have a cigar in the refrigerator' and took a little tobacco and stuff it in the pipe then just brushed the top with clear gloss.

Funny indeed :lol I know I've earned more than a few McGuyver points...that tobacco fix is definitely worth one :exactly:

For my Ron Burgundy I used a barbie glass, glass beads, some orange food coloring and some "Realistic Water," a product usually used in train displays...got it at a hobby store.

scotchhg.jpg

rb5e.jpg

Turned out ok - a bit too orange maybe, but it's solid and works for me. :wave

What about the glass itself though? My Hank Moody could use a tumbler.

I'll post a picture of it once I'm all done :duff

Ok, so Michael's didnt have anything that was specifically called "clear gloss" but I bought something that I think is the same. Is clear gloss white before you apply it? I applied a thin layer of it about 40 mins ago and it's still a milky white color. Does it just take longer to dry?

Back