Woe is me!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash1207

Super Freak
Reaction score
I finally got me SS Exclusive Hulk/Spidey today and was really pumped about opening it up and checking it out. I pulled out the Hulk base and was amazed at the sheer size of it. I am going to need a new display case. Then I carefully took out the Spidey piece and went to attach it when I noticed something....

Spidey is missing a finger!!! :monkey2 I look back in the packaging and there he lays in the box still. :monkey4

I was completely crushed! I was so excited about this piece and then I get one that is damaged. I immediately shot an email off to SS so hopefully someone is going to be able to help me out. I've always heard such good things about the customer service so heres hoping I get to witness it first hand. Wish me luck!!

Quick question though....on my street light, only the red light lights up. Are the other supposed to? Or just the red?

Howdy Crash.

I'm 100% sure that Sideshow customer services will take care of you on this.
You may just have to ship the Spidey portion back to them, or possibly the
whole thing, but customer service will let you know what to do, and you'll be all set.

Only the top red light lights up on both sides. The yellow and
green lights are just there for looks, and don't do anything.

Fear not! SS customer service is fantastic, so you should be fine.

JS

Thanks for the comforting words. I'm really hoping everything gets fixed. My wife tried to tell me it was a omen that I'm not meant to have this piece. Bah!!

:monkey2

It's been 5 days and I haven't gotten a response from Sideshow. :monkey2

I'm hoping they are still catching up with emails from over the busy weekend and they'll get to mine soon. A Spiderman with only 4 fingers is not near as impressive.

Have you tried calling customer service. When I got my Jason PF from them with a broke leg they sent a call tag on it and UPS picked it up the next day.

I feel sure SS will take care of you as soon as they can.

what really ticks me of is when you DONT find the missing piece in the box or you find a chip thats been painted over. Which tells you QC actually passed the frreakin thing and packed it up.

let me guess what finger it was the left hand ring finger? mine was broke but someone at sideshow glued it back thinking i wouldnt see it but i did but its no that u have to get really close and look under his hand so see some craking. and love that avatar i just saw that episode an hour ago on TBS.

I am sure Sideshow will tak care of you. The most fragile part of this statue is Spidey's fingers. There have been a few people reporting damage on that. I have not heard anything on Hulk arriving damaged.

I suggest you give Sideshow a call anyways just to cover all your bases.

I sent mine back yesterday, Aimee is the best! Nothing to worry about Crash, they are just getting caught up from last weekend.

HulkSpideyExclusiveFull.jpg

HulkSpideyExclusive7.jpg

The right knee on Hulk had a crack. :eek:

Crash1207 said:
:monkey2

It's been 5 days and I haven't gotten a response from Sideshow. :monkey2

I'm hoping they are still catching up with emails from over the busy weekend and they'll get to mine soon. A Spiderman with only 4 fingers is not near as impressive.
Me too, I'm stuck with a damaged item: NGE's Asuka (Medicom) arrived damaged last monday. And just like you, I'm waiting on a response. I guess they are really busy, which is not surprizing, shortly after a big event like the SDCC.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Me too, I'm stuck with a damaged item: NGE's Asuka (Medicom) arrived damaged last monday. And just like you, I'm waiting on a response. I guess they are really busy, which is not surprizing, shortly after a big event like the SDCC.

I'm sure that is all it is. I believe Aimee handles the returns these days and she was at Comic Con, so she is probably still trying to catch up. She is an amazingly nice person and I am sure she will help you out in due time. :D

my Hulk/Spidey arrived damaged too, and it's been about 6 days since i emailed them about it, but i had to call and cancel something so i asked about a response about my Hulk and Jennifer (i think) said that they were just getting caught up and i should get a reply soon. hang in there

i just hope they have enough Exclusives to cover returns, because i wanna keep this

Is hulk vs spidey that fragile. Hearing so many damaged ones, I wonder how the condition would be once its shipped half the world across. Really s*@ks to go through the hassle if it occurs after long wait.

it really doesn't seem that fragile. i'm pretty sure what's breaking Spidey is the way they have him packed. the Hulk and base were very secure n that huge styrofoam but Spidey and the lamp post are packed on the side of that foam. in it's own lil compartment.

Nope, still waiting to hear something. I suppose I'll email them again and see if that gets me anything. :monkey2

Back