Air brush help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea you need the snap-on 1/4 fitting, I'm not sure about the UK but Home Depot has the fittings and that's all you'll need to snap in the brush from what I can see.

Lemme see if I can find it on the site.

Ski

Yea you need the snap-on 1/4 fitting, I'm not sure about the UK but Home Depot has the fittings and that's all you'll need to snap in the brush from what I can see.

Lemme see if I can find it on the site.

Ski

Thanks ski

Think i might exchange this one but i have felling the new one will still not fit.

Pete, is this what it looks like at the end of your airbrushed hose?

IMAG0126.jpg

Then all you need is a male adapter on the compressor to maybe a female out to this fitting.

IMAG0124.jpg

Ski :hi5:

You'll have to share your progress on this! Have you used an airbrush before? They are fun (I have had one for years, but never used it until recently). Remember to clean it whenever you are done for the night (the little brushes are a must have!) and after I clean it, I keep it in a little bin filled with airbrush cleaner until I use it again.

Other people may have other opinions, but I wouldn't waste money on specialty airbrush paints. Thinned down soft body acrylics work great mixed with water or a reducer. Hope that helps!

You'll have to share your progress on this! Have you used an airbrush before? They are fun (I have had one for years, but never used it until recently). Remember to clean it whenever you are done for the night (the little brushes are a must have!) and after I clean it, I keep it in a little bin filled with airbrush cleaner until I use it again.

Other people may have other opinions, but I wouldn't waste money on specialty airbrush paints. Thinned down soft body acrylics work great mixed with water or a reducer. Hope that helps!

I did the same I bought one about 3 years ago and never used it. But with the awesome work people are showing from air brushes.

I bought the part as ski said but the brush is still playing up. Going to take it back to the shop and exchange it now.

Any luck with it Pete? I've got one of these airbrushes on order and wondering what they are like to use. Was just checking out the compressor and it mentions that it can only be used with gravity feed airbrushes. Maybe thats the problem. Let me know if it works as I need to get a compressor. Good Luck

Last edited:
Any luck with it Pete? I've got one of these airbrushes on order and wondering what they are like to use. Was just checking out the compressor and it mentions that it can only be used with gravity feed airbrushes. Maybe thats the problem. Let me know if it works as I need to get a compressor. Good Luck

I gave up on it in the end and exchanged it for a airbrush/compressor set and payed a bit more.
I think if you get a good compressor it will work fine as it was working well when i was using the can of air i had.

Noticed your MacReady bash on your sig i will have to take a look as im going to making one with the upcoming WGP head.

Excellent, well I'll see how it works. I've looked at a few compressors just waiting to hear back to see if it will work with the airbrush.

Excellent, well I'll see how it works. I've looked at a few compressors just waiting to hear back to see if it will work with the airbrush.

Any luck with the air brush Emma?

I took my old one back bought a air brush and compressor starter pack for 110.
I highly recommend it and you can also buy on its own from https://www.expotools.com/ its the AB725 Gravity Feed Airbrush and is 39.95 witch is what i payed or the other rush.

sorry to jump in on this, but i bought the same airbrush and another with a compressor KIT for £79 total !offa ebay. the are awesome but a lonnnng wen you gotta clean.

I've given mine a quick go, not tried it on any sculpts yet. I think the problem with the one I got is that the air comes out too quick whereas the one you have got lets you control the air and paint. You'll have to show me some examples of your painting with the airbrush.

Any luck with the air brush Emma?

I took my old one back bought a air brush and compressor starter pack for 110.
I highly recommend it and you can also buy on its own from https://www.expotools.com/ its the AB725 Gravity Feed Airbrush and is 39.95 witch is what i payed or the other rush.

Thanatos: you can control the air pressure via the compressor (PSI)and also via the actual airbrush, there is a screw on it which you can loosen and tighting to control paint flow,
PETE: the bottom part of the airbrush (Where the pipe goes) can b screwed of and a differnt size bolt attached to it. hope this helps, i'll try and put up some pics of my set up 2mrw,

Hi Jedi

At the moment I have only used it with a can of compressed air. I need to invest in a proper compressor. Thanks for the advice I'll have to give it a go as I quite like the feel of the air brush.

Thanatos: you can control the air pressure via the compressor (PSI)and also via the actual airbrush, there is a screw on it which you can loosen and tighting to control paint flow,
PETE: the bottom part of the airbrush (Where the pipe goes) can b screwed of and a differnt size bolt attached to it. hope this helps, i'll try and put up some pics of my set up 2mrw,

Back