Sidious/Emperor advice

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonEl

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, I want to add a Sidious to my collection(I've been working on my Sith) and wanted to get some opinions. Darth Sidious from the ROTS 2-pack or Emperor Palpatine from ROTJ? Personally I hate the look of sidious in ROTS, but for some reason the figure works for me, the eyes feel really evil. However, the ROTJ robe looks more appealing, but i havent seen either in person so i figured i'd come to SSF with this.

So, opinions? Comments? Suggestions?

thanks in advance

I only have the 2-pack version, but I'm very happy with it. Being a slightly newer figure (I think) the sculpt details are quite fine and the paint apps are amazing. His gritty-looking nails, especially. The robe is also pretty cool in that it's packed with bendable wire to make for dynamic posing.

I had both but sold the two pack after deciding I prefer the OT version.

The head sculpt is good on the PT version but his robes are rude looking compared to the nasty straight black OT one. The OT EX head is awesome.

value wise the 2 pack was great, and the paint aps were solid, sc always seems to do well on old guys. Both versions are well done, it really comes down to your display, I have mine with my clones, so I use sidious, I'd like to get the emperor to go with vader, but I'll wait until I see what Hot toys and sc have down the pike for an empire version.

I guess it just really depends on what you collect really. I collect certain figures and all their versions throughout the star wars saga so having all versions of Palpatine/sidious is a necessity for me. But if you're looking for the the OT Palpatine, I would personally only go with the EX. I don't own the EX myself as I'm currently hoping to find it on here or on eBay but what's the Emperor without the angry face??

I have my two pack for sale. Love the figs.. just need the room! :(

wife HAD to have that baby. ;)

Whenever there is a choice, always go OT :lecture

Having said that though you really want to get the exclusive head; it's much better than the stock one :rock

The 1/6 throne with the OT figure looks really good if you have the room / funds, there are a great many things I like about it. But I really like the two pack as they display Sidious with a more powerful / deadly elegance than the crumpled old man in the OT. But if I had to choose, it would be the OT version for me as the scene where he goads Luke is one of my favs from all the movies.

The Emperor from ROTJ is one of Sideshow BEST figures. Looks very realistic, like a little Palpatine standing there.

The 2-pack may be a good value, but neither figure looks very good in hand.

IMO

I always though the Sidious from the set was nice... but definitely not as cool as the ROTJ version. Do wish the ROTJ has been a smidge taller, but aside from that he's golden.

I personally would go with the ROTJ Sidious. The exclusive if you can find it. I have the ROTJ and ROTS and like the ROTJ one better.

Thanks everyone, I'm definitely leaning towards ROTJ, i like being able to use the throne(not sure if i will get the throne, but having the option sounds good) and i couldnt use the throne with the ROTS it would bug me too much. Something about the ROTS is appealing but overall it looks like ROTJ is the way to go(plus i don't really want chancellor palpatine- so the value is kinda wasted there).

thanks for the advice everyone

It depends on the other figures you already have or want to buy. I would go for the ROTJ version with the throne. It is a little expensive but boy it looks awesome! :yess:

I have both the 2-pack and regular emperor version. At first I though the 2-pack would suffice because it had so much more to offer specifically the really evil eyes. So I got the hasbro Palpatine robes to put on the evil version. Looked good for a while. Then I saw pics of the ROTJ robes and had to have that as well.

So I got the regular and put the robes on the chancellor Palpatine for a TPM sidious. Looks awesome. Kept the hasbro robes for the ROTJ Palpatine. Look good.

The cane is a bit short I think so I swapped it for the hasbro one and I really like it best.
IMG_9090.jpg

IMG_8841.jpg

IMG_7859.jpg

IMG_7858.jpg

IMG_7861.jpg

The Sidious/ Palpatine 2-pk is the best bang for your buck. I REALLY like this set. But the Classic Emperor is very nice also, so it really depnds on your personal taste.

Back