Added mirrors to my 3 Detolfs for <$20

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tclapp42

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I found these very cheap mirrors at Target for 5.99 each. Not on sale, this is their normal price. I measured them and they fit in the back of a Detolf nicely. I used a couple of the double sided sticky tape hangers for hanging pictures on a wall without putting a hole in the wall....and TA-DA, for less then 20 bucks I added 3 mirrors to the back of my 3 Detolfs. I think it turned out great so I thought I would share some pictures.

Did that with my two detolfs. I bought one huge piece of glass for $15 form some guy and had it cut down to fit three detolfs, except mine match the back completely and are attached to the back of the detolf.

Really nice stuff too. Looks good with the three shelves leveled up beside each other like that.

Last edited:
Looks very nice-congrats!
The pedestal under the detolfs is from ikea too?

No, I built that myself. I just used a few 2x4s to build the frame for the Detolfs to sit on and then bought two black shelves from lowes. Cut the two end pieces so that the cut edge is toward the back and can't be seen. Pretty simple and cheap but looks pretty good.

Thanks
-Tim

Home depot has some 12" x 12" square mirrors in the tile department that work good to they have no frame so you can space them equally 6 for 15 bucks they look good for the price:goodpost::yess:

After buying the cheap ones from Target I have been keeping an eye out for anything else that might fit / look better. I came across some very nice beveled edge mirrors at Lowes that are 16 x 58. That is almost a perfect fit and they are a nice glass mirror. They were 25 each so 75 for the three....a bit more then the 20 dollar cheapies but much much nicer.

Unfortunately, I had just ordered and installed a set of custom cut 1/4inch thick mirrors that were cut to fit exactly. This ran me 50 dollars a mirror but they look really nice.

I will post some updated pictures with the new mirrors tonight after work.

Thanks

Back