Prop Available? Toynami Batmobile?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batmanfan

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I have finally saved enough money for A Toynami batmobile but I only see preorders. I thought these were already released does anyone know of a vendor or place that has one in stock to sell? I will by it ASAP! I know Hot Toys is making one but I want to buy the Toynami also. Thank you for any help you can give me. Thanks

They are different and I like collecting batmobiles. Do you know of a Toynami for sale?

The proportions aren't quite right on the Hot Toys, but the Toynami is correct. The overall shape of the Toynami is much more accurate.

It's kind of hard to say for sure at this early point because:

1) There is no one set of official published measurements for the actual 1989 Batmobile, there are several official sets of measurements, and they all contradict each other.

2) Exact measurements for the final HT Batmobile (or even the proto shown in shows) have not been released. So far the best we can do is eyeball it's proportions based on other things in the frame with it. Even if and when we get exact measurements, to which set of "official" measurements do we compare it to check the proportions? Even if it matches one perfectly, it's going to contradict the majority of them.

1) There is no one set of official published measurements for the actual 1989 Batmobile, there are several official sets of measurements, and they all contradict each other.

2) Exact measurements for the final HT Batmobile (or even the proto shown in shows) have not been released. So far the best we can do is eyeball it's proportions based on other things in the frame with it. Even if and when we get exact measurements, to which set of "official" measurements do we compare it to check the proportions? Even if it matches one perfectly, it's going to contradict the majority of them.

Based upon the fact that the Hot Toys one must fit the figure, which if made to scale as the figure would be far too large, and because the Toynami was not made to fit a figure, I would say it is a safe bet that the Toynami will be the more correct one. Toy vehicles that accommodate figures almost always skew the proportion for the sake of keeping them easy to handle.
If the Hot toys was made to fit an 8 inch figure, it would be different. It it was made to fit a 3 3/4 inch figure, then I would expect it to be perfect.

I saw the HT proto at SDCC - it's much too short to be accurate - just looking at the pictures you can see the proportions are wrong. Which is fine for a 1/6 car. The Cinemaquette, even if we don't know the dimensions of the original, looks far more proportional.

I saw the HT proto at SDCC - it's much too short to be accurate - just looking at the pictures you can see the proportions are wrong. Which is fine for a 1/6 car. The Cinemaquette, even if we don't know the dimensions of the original, looks far more proportional.

Good posting dark lord !

I am glad someone other than me agrees about this.
Everytime I said the same thing, people went crazy mad at me and start bringing up the whole measurement thing or slamming me for saying that because I own a CM Batmobile.

I'm an artist and I have eyes for proportions, HT batmobile is too short and stubby.

Good posting dark lord !

Everytime I said the same thing, people went crazy mad at me and start bringing up the whole measurement thing or slamming me for saying that because I own a CM Batmobile.

I'm an artist and I have eyes for proportions, HT batmobile is too short and stubby.

I agree as well. Does the Toynami fit Megos?

Good posting dark lord !

You may both well be right. I'm not going to get into labelling anyone as biased because of which Batmobile they own or prefer. I am an artist too and I also have an eye for proportions, but I also know that appearances (even seeing it in person) can be deceiving. The only thing that is definite and objective are direct measurements.

At the end of the day, when HT releases the final product, the CM version may still look to be in better proportion, so for the record, I am not claiming that the HT will be more accurate. I am simply asking this:

(1) What are the official 1989 Batmobile measurements (length/width/height) that we can compare either version too?

(2) Once we decide on one set of measurements, what makes those "official" measurements any more accurate than the half dozen or so other "official" measurements that have been released and contradict each other (sometimes by inches, sometimes by feet)?

I understand that for collectibles it is as much art as it is science, and for many, including myself, it is more important that something "look right" than split hairs over whether or not it is exactly movie accurate. There some that would note things like Superman's "S" is the wrong size/shape or Keaton Bat's boots don't have the Nike swoosh...and there is nothing wrong with that. As art pieces, so far I have not been let down by the "look" of any HT representation of movie character/prop that I've bought , even if it is not 110% accurate down to the millimeter.

Here are the spec measurements of the Keaton Batmobile:

Technical Specifications:
Length: 260.7 in
Width: 94.4 in
Height: 51.2 in
Wheelbase: 141.0 in
Wheels: Cast alloy, 15 × 6.5
Tires: High aspect L60-15
Acceleration: 0-60 in 3.7 seconds
Maximum Speed: 330 mph with booster
Engine: Jet Turbine
Fuel: High octane; 97% special (gasoline paraffin mixture)
Torque: 1750 lbf.ft at 98.7% ROS

Here are the spec measurements of the Keaton Batmobile:

Technical Specifications:
Length: 260.7 in
Width: 94.4 in
Height: 51.2 in
Wheelbase: 141.0 in
Wheels: Cast alloy, 15 × 6.5
Tires: High aspect L60-15
Acceleration: 0-60 in 3.7 seconds
Maximum Speed: 330 mph with booster
Engine: Jet Turbine
Fuel: High octane; 97% special (gasoline paraffin mixture)
Torque: 1750 lbf.ft at 98.7% ROS

Correction, that is one official version of the spec measurements of the Keaton Batmobile

Here are all of the rest of them (including the above) that I could find. https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3648595&postcount=747

The proportions aren't quite right on the Hot Toys, but the Toynami is correct. The overall shape of the Toynami is much more accurate.

thats funny, you must be the first one to have the Hot Toys version in your hand huh! :)

OR you have to justify the choice for the much more expensive Toynami by using arguments based on...well: nothing :)

thats funny, you must be the first one to have the Hot Toys version in your hand huh! :)

OR you have to justify the choice for the much more expensive Toynami by using arguments based on...well: nothing :)

It's not helpful to start putting down either the Toynami's value based on it's price for what you get compared to HT -OR- to put down HT proportions as being "inaccurate" to the real thing just yet.

For exactly that reason you cited: NO ONE has the final consumer version of the HT Batmobile yet.

My entire position is that it is best to reserve judgement.

I definitely don't agree with making fun of anyone by saying they need to "justify" an expensive collectible purchase. Most of us here have spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on collectibles. Some would consider spending that much on this hobby "unjustifiable". The only justification necessary is "it's my money, and I buy what I like with it".

I've seen the photos of both. I am also familiar enough with the proportions of the movie one that I can say with confidence that the Toynami has better proportions overall. That said, I don't like the Toynami cockpit much, because I think it looks too sloppy, and I think the body looks a little wavy because it is fiberglass. I recall the Hot Toys having a nicer interior. Put it this way, if the Hot Toys one made for a 12 inch tall figure was made to scale, it would need to be between 39 and 46 inches long. It isn't. I guarantee you that the Hot Toys Batmobile won't be the same proportions or scale as the Batman figure they make. If they made it a one seater, they might be able to keep all of the outside proprtions, but I'm not sure. Obviously, though most people would object to that, so they will make one with skewed proportions that maintain the overall look of the Batmobile that largely preserve it's style, but it will not be correct. It cannot be correct unless it is at least 39 inches, or 3 feet 3 inches long. The Batmobile was made with A Chevy Impala Chassis, which is a full size car, one of the longest chassis you can get for a street car, which was stretched by about a foot. Plus, the bodywork of the Batmobile extends much further than an Impala one, Around 4-5 feet, I think. If you are really a fan of the Batmobile, I would recommend both. I would like the Hot Toys Batmobile, but find the price of the Toynami too steep, and like I said, the interior really disappoints me as does what looks like wavy bodywork. I would also prefer it to be painted in the exact same color paint that the 89 one was painted, which was a pearl dark silver, even though it might have seemed black on film.

Last edited:
1/4 price, you can sit down your HT Batman....ok, it's not long enough, but...for me, HT Batmobile is "enough" accurate.

Hot-Toys-1989-Batmobile-03.jpg

Back