Ghost Rider Bike Advice Needed !

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundergod

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm contemplating converting a 1/6 scale O.C.C bike into Ghost Riders bike . The conversion should be pretty straightforward but I need some advice on how to create flames . I'd like them to match the "translucent" ones on the Medi figures head . Casting them in resin is an option , but to be honest , I'm not in the position to start moulding and casting at the moment ! ( This needs to be a "kitchen table" job !) I first considered a hot gun glue gun or something along those lines . Any of you genius' have any suggestions ?

JetBike003.jpg

DSC02484.jpg

If molding and casting is not an option, the only other thing I can think of at the moment is you could always try clear silicon caulk from home depot. Put it on some non stick tin foil and use a popsicle stick to pull it or shape it like a flame.

I think sculpting the fire shape and then molding and casting it in transparent resin is your best bet here :/ .

I personally would go with hot glue,then paint with translusent colors .the home depot silicone will take a day to completly dry and its soft.the glue should be fairly quik and easy.

I personally would go with hot glue,then paint with translusent colors .the home depot silicone will take a day to completly dry and its soft.the glue should be fairly quik and easy.

This was pretty much what I had planned , I just thought I'd check whether there was a technique I hadn't considered . In a perfect world , I would have sculpted the flames and then cast them in resin , but at the moment , that's not really an option . Cheers guys .:wink1:

Hi Allan,

Can you reply to the PMs Im sending you regarding the Hot toys Battle damaged Endo I have paid you for. You have been online but not replied with an update.

Cheers
Dom

Back