Action Figure Joebizz34's 12" Hulk figure Re-Paint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebizz34

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't post much in this section but I felt this would be fitting here. :) This is a repaint of my Hulk figure that I think cost me like $13.00 at Blockbuster back in 2003 when the first Hulk movie came out. Do you guys remember this figure? It was a badly done paint job but I always still thought the figure itself was kind of cool. You can literally swing his torso all the way around from the waist. :lol

Here's some pics I'd like to share. The way I painted him was to represent him after a heated battle. I wanted him mean, green, sweaty and pissed off after getting roughed up a little. :)

DSC_1372.jpg

DSC_1373-1.jpg

DSC_1374.jpg

DSC_1371.jpg

DSC_1367-2.jpg

DSC_1368-1.jpg

DSC_1369-1.jpg

Looks awesome!

You might want to hunt down some matte or dulling spray to take off the gloss. Unless that was what you were going for.

Looks awesome!

You might want to hunt down some matte or dulling spray to take off the gloss. Unless that was what you were going for.

That's a funny story actually. I put the gloss varnish finish on first with full intention on dulling him down after the fact. They say to always gloss something before using the matte finish. It comes out better that way. So I left him to dry on my table planning on doing the matte varnish finish the next night. Well I wake up that morning and both my son and wife are praising me saying how awesome he looks now with the glossy finish. My wife was like he looks sweaty like he just finished fighting and it makes the colors pop more that you dry brushed in there. I was like yeah? Ah oh yeah that's exactly what I was doing. :lol So I left him that way. I didn't have the heart to change him after getting such great feed back from my family. In person, the gloss does not stand out as much as the camera makes it look.

I love this figure! I have the angry opened mouth version with the purple pants. It looks good the way it is. But your customs looks cool. This was my first action figure that got me in to collecting. I will never get rid of him.

I love this figure! I have the angry opened mouth version with the purple pants. It looks good the way it is. But your customs looks cool. This was my first action figure that got me in to collecting. I will never get rid of him.

Thanks man. I remember the opened mouth version too. I wish I had picked that one up as well. I think at the time I wanted one of each but Blockbuster only had the closed mouth one left.

Thanks to my good friend Skiman, he gave me a great suggestion for a custom. Since I usually do horror customs mostly, making a Bruce Banner custom changing into the Hulk would be a great idea. We are talking the wacked out eyes, clothes ripping with the green muscles starting to rip through, and skin color transitions throughout the body. I am going to start working on this as soon as I finish up some other stuff I am working on now. I will post pics here in this thread when ready.

Thanks to all who looked at or commented in this thread so far. You guys rock. :rock

Here's some updated pics with a more natural lighting in my new mini photo studio box. Some have said that he looked too shiny but these new pics really reflect how he looks in person and as you can see the shine is not as intense without the camera's flash or over lighting.

DSC_1375a.jpg

DSC_1376a.jpg

DSC_1377a.jpg

Hey guys, I did this YouTube video showing some of my custom re-paints and The Hulk is one of them I show so I figured I would post it here as well.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnYgAqxf_TQ&feature=relmfu[/ame]

Back