So......the Punisher is dead...*cry*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
That's pretty much it. Anyone else read the newest Punisher Max?

PS - Dammit! Now I have to throw away my Punisher comiquette. jk Never!

Last edited:
Yeah, comic book characters usually stay dead for good, so. . .that's probably gonna be the case here. Return of Frankencastle?

No but seriously I do think he's dead for good. I think I read that from the interview with the writer or creator in the back of the comic. I mean the Punisher has to have fought in Vietnam, so he is just getting older and older. He is 65.

That's the Punisher in the Punisher Max comic. The Punisher in "The Punisher" comic will live on. He is in his 20's 30's.

No but seriously I do think he's dead for good. I think I read that from the interview with the writer or creator in the back of the comic. I mean the Punisher has to have fought in Vietnam, so he is just getting older and older. He is 65.
Yeah, they said that before about various other characters, too. He'll be back in about 3 months.

This is the MAX series not 616. Whole different universe. Stupid ____ing Marvel screwing up the few things they're doing right.

At least they would never do something as lame as having him come back as an avenging angel with supernatural powers.

To those confused:
MAX Punisher is different than the the Marvel Universe Punisher. Think of it like the differences in the cartoons or movie versions. Just a different version of the same character.

Max Punisher, who was old, probably will stay dead as Marvel is about done with the whole MAX imprint.

That's the Punisher in the Punisher Max comic. The Punisher in "The Punisher" comic will live on. He is in his 20's 30's.

Our normal Punisher was past his 20s when he debuted in Amazing Spider-Man. More likely early 40s now, maybe late 30s to be generous.

The Olivetti Comiquette and Bradstreet PF are probably the best assumption to his age in the regular Marvel Universe. Olivetti and Bradstreet have been regular Punisher artists over the past 10 or so years, and those statues represent their designs for him in the more recent comics. Whatever age one thinks from those statues is a good guess.

Ennis & Bradstreet's Frank Castle will always be the definitive Punisher for me. If this is Marvel's way of distancing themselves from mature books, then I'm ____ing glad DC is beating them on sales.

I haven't followed the MAX series for quite some time, last time i read it he was fighting jigsaw. There's just way too many spinoffs i just didn't give a damn which to follow.

Well, i guess it's time for him to die... he's just a mortal, a psychopath even.

how did he die ?

I haven't followed the MAX series for quite some time, last time i read it he was fighting jigsaw. There's just way too many spinoffs i just didn't give a damn which to follow.

Well, i guess it's time for him to die... he's just a mortal, a psychopath even.

how did he die ?

How did he die? LMFAO!!!!! alright lemme go get the last two comics and give you a play by play. Gotta say, Rasputin has nothing on Frank Castle!

In order:

sia stab in the back
knee to the balls
palm punch breaking his nose
sia stab to the stomach
sia to the stomach followed by a kick to the stuck in sia
knee to the face
face smashed against ground
sia stabbed through forearm
2 throwing stars to forearm, 1 into forehead
gun shot to the chest
gun shot through shoulder (he did that to himself)
gun shot to shoulder, back, arm, and stomach
gun shot blows his ear off
gun shot through chest
backhand to face
elbow into his back

ok, everyone he fought was dead. He collapsed and died while walking back to his house.

This version of the character had to die sooner or later before he became too old to be plausible even by comic book standards. They can always reboot Punisher MAX and do a series set during the '80s if they really want a version of Punisher with the Vietnam origin. That's probably a better time period for these stories anyway.

Back