Bio mask casting.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nordle

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hi all,

I wanna try to sculpt and cast my own 1/6 bio mask for one of my predator figures.
Now as this going to be my first try at this i have a question.

Can someone show me a pictures of the silicone mold perhaps,so i have little bit of a reference point.

Was thinking of doing a 2 piece mold.

Yes, you are on the right track. I will post pics for you shortly...

But the basics are; you take a lump of clay and stuff it inside your mask and make a flat edge of the clay in the back to lay on some poster board or card board, then build your mold box around that....

Yes, you are on the right track. I will post pics for you shortly...

But the basics are; you take a lump of clay and stuff it inside your mask and make a flat edge of the clay in the back to lay on some poster board or card board, then build your mold box around that....

Beat me to it. :)

Hi all,

I wanna try to sculpt and cast my own 1/6 bio mask for one of my predator figures.
Now as this going to be my first try at this i have a question.

Can someone show me a pictures of the silicone mold perhaps,so i have little bit of a reference point.

Here you go....
mask1.jpg

mask2.jpg

mask3.jpg

mask4.jpg

mask5.jpg

mask6.jpg

Ok cool thanks for the info and pics Zeek72,this helps alot.
So were do you put in the resin in your cast?

Thanks for the help so far guys :wink1:

Ok cool thanks for the info and pics Zeek72,this helps alot.
So were do you put in the resin in your cast?

Thanks for the help so far guys :wink1:

You just pour the resin in the molding cavity, run your glove hand finger in all the crevices, then put the lid on it. All the excess resin will seep out of the sides and then cure to the shape of the mask.....

Back