Question about so called fake hot toys wolverine's ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixxshooter

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering if someone can clear something up for me . I ordered a wolverine from sideshow collectibles way back on the first release. I loved the figure but never had room to display it . For this I always kept him in the box and took very good care of my figure . Now I tried selling it on eBay and he's accusing me of selling him a fake . Heres my order from sideshow
Sku Description Status
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series Wolverine Limited Edition Collectible Figure - X-Men Origins: Wolverine (1)
Unit Price: 169.99 each
Awarded Points: 170
Shipping Via: UPS Ground
Date Shipped: 2010-01-19 00:00:00
Tracking Number: 1Z675W974205171706
Shipped

Is this guy lying to me or is it possible sideshow sent out fake ones .He said he was a member on here do lets see if he comes on .

Yea hes claiming that the neck joint is not supposed to be clear or something . I have no idea what the hell this kid is talking about. I just called him out On eBay to meet me hear so I could prove to him I'm bull craping him .

Sellers receive no protection whatsoever from ebay nowadays.

I mean he sent money to my account but it's On standby. I think it's a case where he simply doesn't know what the hell he's talking about .

Yep, sounds like he's trying to scam you. It's pretty easy to check to see if you have a legit Wolvie or not. I doubt the buyer has bothered to research it. Ebay has really turned to crap.

Sellers receive no protection whatsoever from ebay nowadays.

And as a seller you get triple the reaming once Ebay takes your 'listing fees', 'percentage of your final sale', and your 'Paypal fees' (since Ebay and Paypal are one, happy monopolizing family...)

It's like TicketMaster™ all over again. :cuckoo:

:pfft:

Well I email him back with every argument I could make to defends case . No reply . Now whats going to happen ? He could easily swap out a fake for mine . I could make the same argument with him .Completely insane . I'm being set up !!

He could definitely being trying to run a scam... be sure you communicate with eBay and provide as much documentation to them as you can. Don't just email, but actually call them.

I had an issue recently where a buyer waited nearly a month to complain that an iPod I sent him didn't work. I would have been willing to listen if it had been right away (as he asked for next day delivery) but waiting a month seemed shady. Also I noticed his buying history was a bunch of used iPods, I expressed my concerns about the timeliness of his request for a refund and my worries that I might get screwed by him and receive a non-working one instead of what I sent him.

Believe it or not eBay actually sided with me and I kept the money... downside is the buyer left me negative feedback I'm unable to remove. But I'd rather have that then be out $100+ :lecture

I'd be sure to check his buying history and see if he has a fake purchased in the past... even look at his feedback for older transactions. I think there were one or two people selling most of the fakes, you might be able to dig something up.

I mean he sent money to my account but it's On standby. I think it's a case where he simply doesn't know what the hell he's talking about .

No, I think he's trying to get free or a cheap Wolverine. I'd actually call PayPal over this. They find it way to easy to side with buyers over email. The only time I have gotten a positive outcome was talking to someone over the phone and pleading your case.

Ok he just emailed me and admitted it was real . Why he jumped to the conclusion That it was fake so fast is beyond me . Anyway thanks for the advice guys . Let me get back in touch with him .

Can anyone confirm idlf they have a genuine original wolverine feom sideshow toys that has also a clear neck socket, I had friend tell me it is a fake if its like that, just thought I'd ask I here the comedian was like this so I could really use help with anyone confirming buy saying yes I have one like that I got from sideshow and its original.

Thank you

Back