12" Giles and PF Spike coming too!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefly Flanatic

Super Freak
Reaction score
Karen over at the BtVSfigs board announced this tonight:

12" Giles & PF Spike at SDCC

Hi everyone!

I was walking past the Sideshow booth when I saw their new Premium Format Spike figure in the display case. All I can say is 'WOW!', he's beautiful!

I walked around to the front where I talked to one of the Sideshow representatives who gave me permission to announce the Spike figure, but asked me not to take pictures, as they still wanted to be the ones to give the big preview of the figure. (Which I readily agreed to, so I apologize for not showing you any pictures). I then asked him if or when would we be seeing a Giles figure, he looked at me funny and said Giles was in the display case with Spike, and then also gave me permission to announce him.

The reason I didin't see the Giles figure was he was still in plastic wrap and laying among other figures on the bottom of the case, which included the new Angel figure and the new Lorne figure.

From what I could see, he appeared to be in a grey suit (librarian type, and was not wearing glasses. I can give you a better discription tomorrow night after he's properly displayed, unless of course Sideshow has already sent out their own announcement and pictures by then, and you won't need me to tell you.) ;)

The PF Spike is in classic trenchcoat and red shirt and looks amazing.

I told myself I wouldn't be buying any other PF figures, because I can't afford them, but I think I already know I will probably break down and get him.

Anyway, that's all I know right now. I didn't want to be a bother while they were setting up. I'll wait til their done to do that. :)

Karen

I'm soooo happy!!!:rotfl I was pretty sure we'd be getting a Giles announcement at Comic Con but I totally did not expect a PF Spike and a Lorne!! Thank you Sideshow for not forgetting about all us Buffy/Angel fans. Now, just get going on Firefly and I'll be the happiest person in the world!

Congratulations to those of you who have been waiting a long time for this announcement! I wondered if there would be another PF due to the placement of the question mark above the Buffy PF. But I know that Giles is going to be very welcome news to a great many of you.

I don't collect any of the PF figures but I know this one will be even more tempting than Buffy was for me. If I cave, that will be it, I'll have to buy Buffy too and whatever comes after that!

I can't believe we are getting all this bounty at once though!:chew It seems like we went through the longest dry spell and now it's pouring Buffy figures!

PF SPIKE AND 12" GILES!!

I nearly fell off my chair!

PF SPIKE AND GILES!!!!!!!
Omg I think I'm shaking! AWESOME!

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

I need to see the spike. Buffy will have a friend.:D

I haven't purchased a PF since the SDCC Luke Exclusive. I've cancelled ALL of the other Star Wars PFs due to the fact that I can't afford the line. However, I might just find myself ordering a PF Spike. This is a TOTAL surprise. Thursday (the day I go to SDCC) can't come soon enough! :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

And what can I say about the Giles announcement... except that...

:chew :chew :chew SIDESHOW ROCKS!!! :chew :chew :chew

I think we all knew they'd pull through eventually. Im dying for pics! I have an image of both in my head!

Hope Spike has a totally dynamic pose! Maybe one from Restless:lol

A Spike PF announcement before an Angel PF? Interesting....

I guess Sideshow probably wanted to mix things up since they are nearly ready to ship the 1/6 scale "City Of" Angel. With this Spike PF announcement I wonder if this means that they are happy with the sales of the Buffy PF? I have no doubt that with this announcement, an Angel PF isn't too far in the future. :D

Again, what can I say about a 12" Giles? My hands are still shaking when I type those words. Has Thamesvalidude heard the news yet? His long fought crusade has come almost officially to an end. It looks like Sideshow didn't need that "little reminder" after all. :D

I wonder what his new avatar willl be?

bluesparrow said:
Hmm, wonder if it's vampire face or human Spike. Congrats to all who wanted Giles. I hope they announce a new Buffy 12" at some point.

Human faced I suspect... considering how popular the 12"er is. Although it would be cool if there was some way to have interchangable heads on the Buffy PFs who are also vampires (i.e. Spike, Angel, Darla, Drusilla etc). Perhaps the vamp head could be the exclusive? :D

I'm glad Spike's getting the PF treatment before Angel - he's my favorite character after Willow. I'm hoping it's a more iconic Spike from School Hard, nothing beats James looking all cool and nasty.

Darklord Dave said:
I'm glad Spike's getting the PF treatment before Angel - he's my favorite character after Willow. I'm hoping it's a more iconic Spike from School Hard, nothing beats James looking all cool and nasty.

Well he's got his trademark red shirt too, so Its based on season 2 definately:chew

Also I THINK Im gonna let my 12" human spike go soon.
I'm still thinking about price. Im thinking about US$180. Will be putting it on ebay possibley, along with Grad Day Buffy. Might sell an Excl Scythe too

Last edited:
BDboystoys said:
Well he's got his trademark red shirt too, so Its based on season 2 definately:chew

Also I THINK Im gonna let my 12" human spike go soon. With the PF coming I dont want doubles and I have no doubt it will be far superior.
I'm still thinking about price. Im thinking about US$180. Will be putting it on ebay possibley, along with Grad Day Buffy. Might throw in the Excl Scythe too for one.

Spike also wore that red shirt for the "Once More With Feeling" episode, didn't he? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oooo... you mean that exclusive Scythe that comes with Faith? :monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

Me want!!! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Protozaius said:
He also wore that red shirt for the "Once More With Feeling" episode, didn't he?

Oooo... you mean that exclusive Scythe that comes with Faith?

Me want!!! :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Yep thats the one. I dont see Faith herself going for much on ebay, so I figure adding the scythe to an item that people will spend quite abit on, is worth it.:D

Oh and your right, the red shirt did make a return, but I think a season 2 based Spike would be more appropriate.(although every1's gotta love the musical!)

Omg, my heart just stopped, 12" Giles and PF Spike. I was sure about Giles coming out during ComicCon but didn't suspect anything about Spike. Now, all my thoughts concentrate on howin earth am I going to afford another PM statue!!! This is being one great week indeed!

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

A PF Spike and a 12 inch Giles!

Dear god I'm estatic here!!!!

I really said I wouldn't/couldn't afford one of these large scale figures but dear god it's Spike! I do hope that they get the likeness right, aswell as the clothing. His duster is as famous as he is.

I'll just have to sell a kidney or something!

I'm sure that SSC have looked at my collection and thought :-

'You know, what can we do to bankrupt this guy? Oh I know we can get all of his favourite licenses together and pump out great stuff all at once. That'll teach him for being a Geek!'

But I don't care.......

THANKS SIDESHOW

Back