Question about casting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kal El Klarc

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just got some resin and I was wondering how much I need to cast a headsculpt ie; how much of part a and part b do I need to mix together?

Then, when you mix, either mix by weight (using a postal or kitchen scale) or by volume (measuring cups) to get EXACTLY the same number of part A and part B, you do not want more of one part than the other. :)

A good way to figure out exactly how much you need is fill the mold with water and then dump into a cup,measure that and you will know how much you need to mix.also it is smart to always go big,if you need a half cup,mix 3 quarters.better to have to much than not enough.

Okay forgot to ask now I know how to measure it will 10ml by 10ml be enough to cast one head or will I need more? That is if I have the amounts right

I was pouring resin to cast it but I worked it out got a quarter head with an explosion on first attempt (doh!) but got a whole head second go...umm minus a few air holes that I filled now just need to sand it smooth and starte painting. I can only get better right?

I was pouring resin to cast it but I worked it out got a quarter head with an explosion on first attempt (doh!) but got a whole head second go...umm minus a few air holes that I filled now just need to sand it smooth and starte painting. I can only get better right?

It does get better, each time you do it. Practice makes perfect! :clap:clap

A good way to figure out exactly how much you need is fill the mold with water and then dump into a cup,measure that and you will know how much you need to mix.also it is smart to always go big,if you need a half cup,mix 3 quarters.better to have to much than not enough.

Just to add, if you do fill the mold with water to measure, be sure that the mold is absolutely dry before pouring resin into it because water and resin do not mix.

Last edited:
Yeah holes in the cast, the clean clay is for the mould? Also what is that?

Bonus the painting is staying put and drying now, so finally something is going right with this thing lol

The clay can be used to secure the original part, so it won't move while you are pouring the silicone. Or when making a 2 part mold. To fill the holes in the casted part, I've used apoxie sculpt, mighty putty, and a few other air-drying clays. I'm sure others have more suggestions as well.

And, very glad you're happy with how the painting is coming! :)

Back