Buffy PF version 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obsidian7

Super Freak
Reaction score
So, there's a few different lines I'm currently collecting which long story short, has seen me expand my collection to 1/4 scale PFs (was only the 1/5 and 1/6 polystone statues).

Does anyone have the Buffy version 2 (red pants) PF and if so what are your thoughts on it as a piece? Any pics I've been able to Google have been heavily exposed or use a psycho flash and she looks really waxy and fake... Sideshow have really improved their PF over the last couple of years or so and I know this is an older piece but if I can find one, am considering picking it up.

Which do you prefer as an overall item, this PF or the Throne of the Slayer statue, if you had to pick one or the other? :) I wouldn't part my Throne piece though as it compliments the other statues.

I think the a;ternate is the better piece. The normal version's hair is massive and doesn't look natural on the head. It looks separate and almost like a hat.

The alternate has problems too. The eyebrows are HUGE. We have an alternate version that has been repainted. You can check out the thread here.

Hope I've helped.:)

I love both of mine. They are the same PF minus the hair and red pants. The red pants are over top of the dress at the waist and she's wearing the same boots.

The red pants Buffy was my very first pf, so she holds a special place in my heart. The black pants Buffy is really sexy. So I can't really pick one over the other.

If I had to choose between the pf or the throne, I would choose the pf.

I own the Red pants buffy and picked it over the PF in the black dress. I don't like the hair on the PF in the black dress and to me, the likeness is better on the one with the red pants. Maybe it's because her hair is pulled back.

If I had to chose one to keep, I would keep the throne piece over this PF. I think the likeness is better on the PF but I just really love her on the throne.

ceed5fcb.jpg

I might be alone here, but the I like the original PF much more than the red pants version. Seeing those eyebrows hurt everytime I look at her. And the fact that she's just the same statue with different hair and pants over the same dress (well, actually they cut it to make the pants fit better) makes her look really cheap. If they had thrown a cool jacket, or a crossbow, or both, she'd look way better. I'm glad I got it really cheap. I would never pay full price for her. As for the black dress Buffy, yes, the hair is definitely an issue, but past that, she looks beautiful to me; simple concept, subtle face paint apps, and no crazy eyebrows. And as BuffyGirl said, she's the first Buffy PF, and that might be pointless now, but for those of us who collect the line from the beginning, it definitely means something.

I think most people like the black dress buffy better. Going from what I've noticed on ebay prices anyway.

Well, I'm looking at pictures of black dress Buffy, and the eyebrows look just the same. So the actual problem is the hair. Less hair in the face stresses the thickness of the eyerbrows.

I never noticed the eyebrows before I read it on here. When I look at the whole face, it doesn't stand out to me.

I'm not sure which I like better. Compared to the Throne piece, I would say I enjoy the look of the Premium Formats better. The Throne definitely has a more updated look, but I think the Premium Formats look more iconic. My choice for the better Premium Format depends on which day you ask me. Some days, I'll say the Red Pants Buffy. Other days, I'll choose Black Dress Buffy. I think at the end of the day, the last piece I'd sell of the three is the Black Dress Buffy. Each, however, more than hold their own in my collection.

I think the a;ternate is the better piece. The normal version's hair is massive and doesn't look natural on the head. It looks separate and almost like a hat.

The alternate has problems too. The eyebrows are HUGE. We have an alternate version that has been repainted. You can check out the thread here.

Hope I've helped.:)

Thanks everyone for your reply. Jack your repaint is fantastic! Especially the hair. This is how the hair on the original and the Throne of the Slayer maquette should have looked. What's with the urine yellow, I mean really.

I think this (the PF) is the best Buffy face sculpt. I do see her in the Throne statue, moreso if I block out the hair. It's just too far.. not right. If I do get a PF it will be the red pants one. It's just more reminiscent of a general Buffy look from across the whole seven seasons. The black dress PF really screams season one only to me.

Back