My IG-88 review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's a bit of a late one tonight - it's been a hectic week. I do have the Poppies and People's Choice ballots tallied, but now I have to write them up. Hopefully, both will be available on Sunday night.

But tonight I'm looking at one of the coolest surprises I've seen in awhile. It's the new IG-88 figure from Sideshow, and the higher price tag brings higher quality, thank goodness. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Spot on review. First the Battle Droids, now IG-88. The future's looking bright when it comes to Sideshow making more droids.

Btw, why no pics with the legs extended?

Nice job on the review Mike, thanks for taking the time to post. The pics you have added are fantastic!

Although this is, as MWC so truely speaks out, a real step up in quality for Sideshow and alltogether a great figure - it is so sad that so much energy was driven on him and still those iconic 3PO and R2 are so far behind.

Superb review for a great 12. "It is good to know that the price increase for the 12" sideshow accompanied by an increase in quality. Anyway, now that would have to stop this inflation.

it is so sad that so much energy was driven on him and still those iconic 3PO and R2 are so far behind.

not false:impatient::gah:

Great review as always Mike. I'll be skipping this guy since he's really never been a fave of mine and I'm not a completist. Can't afford to be in the 1/6th scale personally...lol...:lol

How do you extend the legs? Obviously, I wasn't going to just pull on them, and as usual, there's no instructions anywhere...

That's all you got to do... pull down on them; they "kind of" snap into place.

iid-1.jpg

Great review Mike, IG is one of those figures that will be remembered as a milestone for SST getting their game on for detailed droid figures and it came out great IMO.

Although this is, as MWC so truely speaks out, a real step up in quality for Sideshow and alltogether a great figure - it is so sad that so much energy was driven on him and still those iconic 3PO and R2 are so far behind.

Well, one thing to positively take from IG being produced first - along with the battle droids is that SST will be ironing out how to best do these types of characters. I would rather wait a bit (SST is working on them) and get a really good set that is the perfected end product of their earlier droid releases.

Back