Tarkin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theropod

Super Freak
Reaction score
Time for me to jump on my Premium Format soapbox and campaign for...

Tarkin!!! Tarkin!!! Tarkin!!!

An imperial command uniform would look so cool in this format and the Grand Moff is just the man to fill it.
-theropod

Though I would probably prefer a 12" version I agree Tarkin would make an intresting choice for a PF figure. Peter Cushing had very distinctive features and whatever scale Sideshow make him in (assuming they make Tarkin of course) it will be intresting to see if they can top the fantastic GG mini bust likeness.

theropod said:
Time for me to jump on my Premium Format soapbox and campaign for...

Tarkin!!! Tarkin!!! Tarkin!!!

An imperial command uniform would look so cool in this format and the Grand Moff is just the man to fill it.
-theropod

I'll take ANY Peter Cushing PF I can get!!

Good to see that there are devoted Peter Cushing fans! Although I'd never buy a Tarkin PF myself, though the success it may have could surprise all of us. In his role as Tarkin, Peter Cushing has proved again what an outstanding actor he was. IMO, one of the strongest performances in the entire movie (ANH). I can only hope that SSC makes at least a 12" version of Tarkin. The sooner, the better. I'll buy it in a wink, really. Even before every other Jedi they might have coming our way. By now SSC should have understood that the SW licence they have is a sure shot, and that there are more than enough fans willing to buy practically every new 12" from the SW universe they make. In that sense, when will you give us the Hoth Leia?

If you think about it - Peter Cushing and Alec Guinness were the only two "headliner" actors in Star Wars. The rest were relative unknowns.

So it doesn't surprise me that Tarkin and Kenobi were such memorable characters.

Coincidentally - I just bought a Kenner 12" Tarkin and Bossk - gonna make a custom Tarkin HS and body to go with my Medicom ROTJ Vader.

And a custom Bossk to go with my Medicom Fett. :chew

BTW: This thread is ancient.

Tarkin in 12" I would get because I want the entire line. Tarkin in PF would be an easy pass for me.

jlcmsu said:
Tarkin in 12" I would get because I want the entire line. Tarkin in PF would be an easy pass for me.

I feel the same way. I love the actor and the character, but I gotta draw the line somewhere.

Darth Loki said:
I feel the same way. I love the actor and the character, but I gotta draw the line somewhere.

Well, with the Maul PF being made I will finally be quiet about PF and much pickier as well.

Tarkin is worthy of a 1/6 figure, but I doubt there'd be enough interest in a 1/4 PF. But that's just my opinion. :monkey3

I'd buy it. I really want at least one Imperial Uniform in PF form and Tarkin would be the one I'd want. He's one of about 7 or OT PF's Id buy before calling it quits.

As many others have already noted, a 12" Tarkin would be eagerly picked up by me. A PF Tarkin would be an easy pass. Though I can see the exclusive being the black interogation droid, complete with hypodermic needle. That would at least provide an additional value to the piece.

No on the PF but a definite YES on the 1/6 scale Representation of Tarkin :)

I just wonder why we didn't get a 1/6 scale Tarkin already. It's him and a 1/6 scale Greedo I want most at the moment. Guess Toy Fair is the place and time to announce one of them!

Back