Sideshow interview at cooltoyreview.com!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
About this light up saber:

DMM You’re referring to the light-up lightsaber you mentioned last time?

BB It’s been a real interesting go around with that. We’re balancing out between things we could do and would do if we were making one. As a prototype it is amazing, but if it were produced like this you’d have glass elements and wire. Plus the inelegant solution to power it. I think we’ve found something in the LED vein that we’re happy with. Not too far from Medicom’s but a little bit stronger than that.

I'm really stoked for this. And I hope it works well. I have to wonder, do any of you hope/want Sideshow to offer a pack of lit sabers for the figures we already own? I know its a stretch, since a bunch of us wanted the newer cloth Clone bodysuits to replace the older vinyl suits but they never entertained the idea. How cool would it be if they sold exclusively a set of lit sabers for all the Luke's, Mace, Vader, Maul, Anakin Ki Adi ETC. figures we already own?

GREAT news that they scaled the new Vader body down a bit. Gonna get a replacement body for ANH Vader now. It's the little things in life. :yess:

And if he comes with a lit saber.... holy ____!

Well ROTJ vader would be cool, I never really liked the ANH vader much. The light up sabers sound cool too.

1/6th ROTJ Vader.... I could cry. I so happy....

happy-cuteness-overload.jpg

I'm pumped to see that Obi-Wan... but he'll make Qui-Gon and Maul look hopelessly outdated, methinks.

We knew 1/6 ROTJ/ESB Vader was coming...but confirmation of the height fix makes me very happy.

I think the most exciting news in that interview was the 1/6 Baroness. :yess:

I couldn't care less about light up sabers. Why the hell would I want TPM OB1 to have one when Quigon on Maul both don't? :dunno

Lots of good info in that interview, sad they can't do Marvel 12" comic figures to go with the DC offerings though.

Back