PDA

View Full Version : D'Hoffryn shipping?

Darklord Dave
07-17-2006, 05:31 PM
So I got a CC decline email and then I cleared that up and later got a Now shipping email - I believe the big D is coming at us!

Darth Rage
07-17-2006, 06:23 PM
NICE! Haven't gotten anything yet myself though.

LordAzrael
07-17-2006, 07:23 PM
Excellent. I got my fingers crossed for my waitlist conversion!

lcummins
07-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Mine charged last week and finally shipped last night... :chew

adrijami
07-17-2006, 07:29 PM
They asked me to update some of my information because they are processing my order:chew :chew :chew I hope I will receive my tracking email shortly.I can't wait!!!!:rotfl

Firefly Flanatic
07-17-2006, 08:57 PM
No news for me yet but I live on the East coast and always seem to get my figures after everyone else.

olvidadero
07-18-2006, 09:50 AM
I ordered it from Forbidden Planet UK. I'm not sure about how shipping to the EU works. Do you know guys if D'Hoffryn is being shipped simultaneously to the US and UK? or will I have to wait much longer?

Darth Rage
07-18-2006, 05:03 PM
I think mine just shipped! Just got an email that good old Jim Olsen sent me a fed ex package. I went into the "cancel item" section at sideshow and it says "shipping soon call to cancel" next to D'Hoffryn. :D :D :D :D

Darklord Dave
07-18-2006, 05:13 PM
Nope, what I thought was D was just my regular Kit. I'm a sad monkey - no D for me until after the weekend.:monkey2

SergeiEsenin
07-19-2006, 10:52 PM
I too got my shipping notice for D'Hoffryn, and I live on the east coast. This will be the first item I've gotten directly from SS instead of a retailer or eBay...

Darth Rage
07-20-2006, 06:43 AM
Got my invoice and tracking onfo today - he is coming....

Darth Kustomizer
07-20-2006, 08:13 AM
I received my notice this morning that he is on the way.

Seaward
07-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Got my notice, and I hope to hae him by monday! i can't wait to see his wedding present!

screamingmetal
07-22-2006, 11:10 AM
I just got my D'Hoffryn.
As with all monsters Sideshow has made, the head sculpt is fantastic! lots of detail, he even has skin pores! the hands and feet look great too, his sandals even have texture sculpted on the soles.

The paint is a mixed bag. The hands and feet on mine are painted much more purple then the shade they're supposed to be. they don't match his head or body. That's an issue because his lower calves are showing, they're blue like his head but his feet are obviously a different color. Same is true for his hands but the blue wrists don't show as much. There's a couple of different shades painted on everything, and the only thing making the purple work is the slightly purplish highlights on the head. They're not as dark as his hands though.

He feels like a very barebones figure. He comes with that candelabra, present, and stand. Both the present and candelabra are done very well. Although the ribbons on the present are a different color. In the figure's listing they're red, on the actual present they're blue, on the show they were purple. His costume consists of a brown robe and sleeveless shirt, that's it, he's going commando under the robe.
This is a figure that's about $5-$10 less then a Star Wars figure, and there's far less in costume detail and accessories. I feel he's a little over priced for what you get.
I'm not disappointed with my purchase, I like the figure given it's shortcomings.

Firefly Flanatic
07-22-2006, 11:59 AM
Ugh! I haven't even gotten a shipping notice yet and you've already got yours!!

I have to admit, though, that I'm not very excited about getting this figure. I was more excited about it before we got all the new announcements but now, it's like, "Oh, yeah, D'Hoffryn should be shipping soon - now where's that picture of Giles!!"

Normally, any Buffy figure I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for it to arrive. Poor D'Hoffryn - his thunder has been stolen with the news of Cordy, Lorne, Giles and the PF Spike coming!

Anywho, I'll still be happy to get him and would love to see some photos in the meantime!

olvidadero
07-22-2006, 12:13 PM
PICTURES PLEASE!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE MINE

Buffanatic
07-22-2006, 09:21 PM
D'Hoffy came today. Yep. Little bit of a let down. These demons need a shot of Designer clothing! (Boring brown robe.......)

screamingmetal
07-23-2006, 05:19 AM
Sorry guys, I don't own a camera so I can't take any pics.
The more I look at him the more I like the overall figure, the head is the centerpiece.
That tied part on his beard could easily break off so be careful in that area.

Darth Kustomizer
07-23-2006, 06:48 PM
Mine arrived this past Sat.

LordAzrael
07-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Hoping some people decide to can it at the last minute or credit orders fall through....... ;p

Buffanatic
07-23-2006, 11:59 PM
I'm going to dig out my DST Book of Vengeance boxed set and check out how he was dressed in it, and maybe do a little costume revamping. If one of the accessories is the wedding gift, why didn't they put him in the robes he wore to the wedding? Seems to me his rig was a lot more colorful. I like him, he just needs some "flair" in his robes!:D

Firefly Flanatic
07-24-2006, 05:36 PM
I finally got my shipping notice today!! Mine should be arriving on the 29th! :chew

Bonehead15
07-24-2006, 06:54 PM
Got my notice also.

dr2red
07-25-2006, 05:11 AM
Mine is in Canada held for duties. Will pick up at the depot
Saturday. I had emailed them to hold to ship with Subject 5
but I guess they did not see the email.
Darn!

buffy-collector
07-25-2006, 11:43 AM
I was watching "Selfless"yesterday and i came to the conclusion,i dont like D'hoffryn's robe.
In the episode the robe went to the floor and it looked like velvet.
this figures robe is too short and looks like a sack.
Even the vengence boxset D'hoffryn had a lon robe lol.

But im not getting the figure,i got Der kinderstod as he is a cool one shot character,D'hoffryn is not.

Any way enough moaning,Can we see pictures to see if the final product matches the episode more.

Look at the quality of his robe;
http://www.fangedfour.com/movingon/images/18b00800.jpg

Migwit
07-25-2006, 04:15 PM
And I bet he's got some very nice Demon underpants on under there as well (whereas SS evidently felt like 1/6 scale D'Hoffryn should be "out there and lovin' it"!) :lol

Protozaius
07-25-2006, 04:39 PM
I was surprised that the D' man wasn't on display at SDCC. :confused: :confused: :confused:

I was hoping that seeing him in person that I might change my mind and get him sometime. :o

Oh well, the rest of the Buffy/Angel stuff on display at SDCCwas just amazing... pictures don't do the pieces justice. :monkey5 :monkey5 :monkey5

Buffanatic
07-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Mig, D'Hoffy is not wearing any undies. He is dressed in "a plain, brown wrapper" with a hood that you couldn't get over his horns if you tried!
The guy looks good, (as demons go) but I'm tellin' ya, HE DESPERATLY NEEDS A NEW TAILOR, AND A JEWELER BESIDES!! (UNLESS THAT'S HIS NIGHTIE HE'S WEARING!!!) Where's his medallion??? "Plain arcane" is this guy's name!:D

He's standing in the middle of my desk right now. (This in itself is a monumental occasion, because this is the FIRST time I have ever opened up a figure I didn't have a duplicate of, but..jeez!....) I HAVE to do something to this outfit! AAAARRRRGGGHHH!:cool:

Read Screamingmetal's post #14 review.....he's got a good handle on the general figure!

Darth Rage
07-26-2006, 12:21 PM
Mine is still boxed but over all I am underwhelmed.

buffy-collector
07-26-2006, 12:52 PM
http://www.odoat.com/dhoff/P7260003.JPG
http://www.odoat.com/dhoff/P7260018.JPG

personly I think he's a horrible figure but not bad like faith,he's just boring,Der kinderstod was a one shot character,but he was intresting.

More pictures here:
http://btvsfigs.proboards48.com/index.cgi?board=sideshow&action=display&thread=1153359579&page=2

Darklord Dave
07-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Just got mine and I like him a lot. The robe's length is fine although in the box it could get bunched up so it looks shorter. He's a pretty simple character but he's a fairly important demon in the Buffiverse. I'm glad they made him, but now we definitely need Anyanka.

Seaward
07-26-2006, 03:39 PM
I got D'hoffryn last night, but my computer died a noisy death over the weekend, so I can only post from work right now. At first blush, I was a little underwhelmed, since he is a relatively simple character. The basic brown robes are really drab, but the wedding present and candles are nice BTVS accessories. The paint job isn't as impressive as the one on the DST bust, but given the scale, that is to be expected. My favorite feature has to be his cool cloven feet and sandals! A nice little touch! Overall a nice, but sorta boring addition to the Buffy line, especially in light of all the recent pre-orders!

Now we need to get an Anya/Anyanka figure, and she needs the big Hammer that her husband carries as her exclusive

Fritz
07-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Well I got D'Hoffryn today. I think it's a job well done. The head, hands and feet are sculpted and painted very well. The robe is simple but effective. And I loved the Wedding Gift accessory. :D

olvidadero
07-28-2006, 02:48 AM
I can't wait to have mine. It's been ages since I got Darla. I pre-ordered D'H from forbiddenplanet.co.uk, does someone know how much does it take for them to deliver a SSC figure once it starts shipping from SS? Will I have to wait too long? I'm more excited about the fact that I'm getting a new 12 inch SS Buffy figure than about the figure itself, which looks a bit...let's say awful for the SS standards when it comes to making monsters.

88th division
07-28-2006, 03:01 AM
Well I got home from work late last night expecting to open my PF Leia exclusive and my Kit Fisto exclusive. What I got was a PF leia exclusive and a D'Hoffryn exclusive! I do not collect Buffy figures! I quickly e-mailed customer service and hope they correct the error in a timely fashion. I guess I will have to wait a little longer for Kit.

SergeiEsenin
07-28-2006, 12:09 PM
Well I got home from work late last night expecting to open my PF Leia exclusive and my Kit Fisto exclusive. What I got was a PF leia exclusive and a D'Hoffryn exclusive! I do not collect Buffy figures! I quickly e-mailed customer service and hope they correct the error in a timely fashion. I guess I will have to wait a little longer for Kit.

D'Hoffryn would open a can of vengeance whoopass on Kit Fisto, and you know it. :D Oh no, now I have this giant Whedonverse vs. Star Wars battle scene playing out in my head...and Han just took a bullet because he wouldn't shoot first, but there's no doubt that Mal would. :lol

Oh, I'm going to have fun all day imagining this... Dark Witch Willow's whomping the Emperor... Oh no, Jar-Jar's been decapitated by Andrew! Dawn and Harmony are pulling Leia's hair! It's anarchy! :rotfl

Buffanatic
07-29-2006, 07:25 PM
:lol :rotfl :D :clap :clap :clap :lsvader :dance :mexwave :blissy

Firefly Flanatic
07-29-2006, 07:29 PM
D'Hoffryn would open a can of vengeance whoopass on Kit Fisto, and you know it. :D Oh no, now I have this giant Whedonverse vs. Star Wars battle scene playing out in my head...and Han just took a bullet because he wouldn't shoot first, but there's no doubt that Mal would. :lol

Oh, I'm going to have fun all day imagining this... Dark Witch Willow's whomping the Emperor... Oh no, Jar-Jar's been decapitated by Andrew! Dawn and Harmony are pulling Leia's hair! It's anarchy! :rotfl

Thanks for the laughs!! I was feeling a bit let down that FedEx did not deliver my D'Hoffryns today (even though, according to tracking, they were on the truck for delivery)! So I really needed the chuckle and am now also picturing all your scenarios in my head!:lol

Migwit
07-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Buffanatic, I also noticed that the hood can't be pulled up over D's horns! What's THAT about? :confused: I guess he was never meant to be displayed hood up, but I was actually hoping to do just that! :rolleyes:

Screaming metal, the calves on my fig don't show, so I'm curious why his calves are showing on yours. Did you shorten the length of his robe? The robe on mine comes to the top of his feet, so no calves! The paint job is superb, though, so I can't complain about that at all! Although more accessories would have been nice, I totally love the wedding gift package! :monkey1 :D

olvidadero
07-30-2006, 09:57 AM
Has anyone pre-ordered a figure from forbiddenplanet.co.uk? Do you know how much does it take to be shipped from FP once SS starts shipping the figure? I'm sorry I'm repeating the same question, but I need to know. Help me someone? I pre-ordered D'Hoffryn and I CAN'T wait!:monkey3 :monkey3

screamingmetal
07-30-2006, 08:45 PM
Buffanatic, I also noticed that the hood can't be pulled up over D's horns! What's THAT about? :confused: I guess he was never meant to be displayed hood up, but I was actually hoping to do just that! :rolleyes:

Screaming metal, the calves on my fig don't show, so I'm curious why his calves are showing on yours. Did you shorten the length of his robe? The robe on mine comes to the top of his feet, so no calves! The paint job is superb, though, so I can't complain about that at all! Although more accessories would have been nice, I totally love the wedding gift package! :monkey1 :D
I think the robe just needed to hang from the figure more because it's now covering the ankles. I was also looking at the figure with my eye level at his feet when I first got him so it was more noticeable then.

buffy-collector
07-31-2006, 05:51 AM
Someone asked how much it cost from Forrbidden planet uk.It costs 2.50 shipping from fp and and you get your figure within 2 weeks.

hope that helps.Somtimes there slow but they are really good.

creecher
07-31-2006, 06:14 AM
This is supposed to be a Sideshow exclusive. I asked about a previous listing of this figure and was told the Forbidden Planet listing was a misprint, due to the time frame it takes to have their catalogue printed. Looks like they managed to secure these after all.

Darklord Dave
07-31-2006, 10:40 AM
These Buffy exclusives have been exclusive only in the US. They are still available to international dealers.

creecher
07-31-2006, 01:18 PM
I disagree.

"SIDESHOW EXCLUSIVE
The ultra-limited 12" D'Hoffryn figure is limited to 750 pcs worldwide, and available only from Sideshow Collectibles."

Darth Kustomizer
07-31-2006, 01:32 PM
Mine is still boxed but over all I am underwhelmed.

I have to agree with you here. Overall I am not at all impressed with this figure.

LordAzrael
07-31-2006, 02:16 PM
These Buffy exclusives have been exclusive only in the US. They are still available to international dealers.

Nope - you're thinking of Domestic Exclusives.

I would like Sideshow to get a little more consistant. Alex Krychek and Walter Skinner were both Sideshow Exclusives - zero units available from anyone other than Sideshow. Problem is - you often don't know till AFTER the Exclusive has sold out.

Anyone got a waitlist message for this product yet ?

Firefly Flanatic
08-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Yay!! Finally got my D'Hoffryns today!! Was supposed to get them on Saturday stupid FedEx!! Anyways, I'm quite pleased with him. I bought two, one for me and one for my daughter and they both look great. A little bit of a difference in the head paint. Mine has more of the "dots" leading up to his forehead and my daughter's stop aways further back on his head. Other than that, they look identical.

The only thing I would have prefered would have been if they could have done the glued on hair for his beard like they did with Der Kindestod's hair but I suppose that may not have been plausible.

Seaward
08-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Congrats on the D'Hoffrynseses!!! He is really a nice figure, if a tad understated!

Hardcase01
08-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Horny D is an amazing figure. SSC did a wonderful job on this guy and are to be congratulated for such an outstanding job. The paint apps are great, the detailing wonderful and the overall look of the figure really makes him stand out on the shelf. One of my favorite figures.

deanandre
08-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Nope - you're thinking of Domestic Exclusives.

I would like Sideshow to get a little more consistant. Alex Krychek and Walter Skinner were both Sideshow Exclusives - zero units available from anyone other than Sideshow. Problem is - you often don't know till AFTER the Exclusive has sold out.

Anyone got a waitlist message for this product yet ?

The reason Sideshow didn't say it was going to be a Sideshow only exclusive was for possible edition size. If Krychek and Skinner sold well as exclusives, they might have decided to offer a standard edition. They didn't sell that well.

Now, SSC is taking the same course with the new Angel and Buffy offerings. First they are offering these as Sideshow only Exclusives, however this time around they have no intention of offering standard versions. Not only that, but they are not allowing customers to purchase more than 1. To me, that's just nuts. If it can only be bought from Sideshow AND the edition size hasn't been set yet, what is the reasoning behind the limit of 1?

Unfortunately, they are just focusing on Star Wars. LOTR next, and everything else is just side business. As long as they don't quit the Buffy and Angel license all together, I'll be happy.

I just hope Sideshow takes the extra time between releases to get things right. Better likenesses of the females and more episode accurate outfits.

I decided to wait on Krychek until I saw reviews of the figure. I was still a bit undecided, but I decided to get on the Wait List just a few weeks ago. My Wait List Reservation hasn't gotten changed to an order yet. Krychek was offered for several months, and it took a while for the 500 edition size to sell through. It was released soon after it sold out, which for an Exclusive isn't that fast.

LordAzrael
08-03-2006, 08:58 PM
I decided to wait on Krychek until I saw reviews of the figure. I was still a bit undecided, but I decided to get on the Wait List just a few weeks ago. My Wait List Reservation hasn't gotten changed to an order yet. Krychek was offered for several months, and it took a while for the 500 edition size to sell through. It was released soon after it sold out, which for an Exclusive isn't that fast.

Krychek took 12 months to delivery from the initial offer. WORST WAIT EVER!

prophecygirl
09-02-2006, 08:35 AM
I got my D'Hoffryn yesterday. He's awesome!

Bonehead15
09-04-2006, 05:40 PM
Krychek took 12 months to delivery from the initial offer. WORST WAIT EVER!

Nope. The PF Freddy took 18 months!!!:google