2012: The year my Star Wars collection comes to an end :(

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandible

Super Freak
Reaction score
Being an OT diligent - with a few PT and EU pieces here and there - I've decided this year will be the final year of collecting :(

With work ramping up, and the family, I sat and looked over my collection the other day and realized I've got most of what I want.

There's a few pre-orders that I'm waiting on, but they should all be done by the end of the year.

With this in mind, I thought it might be a good opportunity for people to list their collections...

Studio Scale/Replica Ships:
MR Falcon
MR AT-AT
MR Snowspeeder
eFX X-Wing
eFX Tie Fighter
Code3 Vader Tie
Code3 AT-ST
Code3 Slave 1
Code3 Republic Gunship

SSC PF's
Vader
Emperor
Stormtrooper
Fett
Tarkin
Luke (Tatooine)
Leia (ANH)
Han
Ben
Tusken Raider
3PO/R2
Jawa (Attakus)
Speeder Bike/Scout Trooper

SCC 1/6
Jabba
Throne
Bib
Salacious
Jabba creature pack
Jabba archway
Han in Carbonite
Gamorrean
Boush
Hammerhead
Greedo
Frigin
Emperor/Throne
Vader
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper Commander
501st
Rex
Cody
Bly
Shock trooper
Battle Droids
Grievous
Boba

Dewback/Sandtrooper

GG 1/6
Maul - international
Dooku/Ventress
Royal Guard
Leia Slave

Kotobukiya 1/6
Sandtrooper
Tie Pilot
Snowtrooper
Scout Trooper
Jango
Clone (phase 1)
Starkiller
3PO/R2
IG-88
Bossk
Dengar
4-LOM
Zuckuss
Boba ROTJ

Hasbro 1/6
Jawa

Marmit
AT-AT driver

GG Creatures
Rancor
Wampa
Taun Taun Luke
Taun Taun Han
Bantha

SSC Dio
Revenge of the Jedi EX

1:1
Yoda - custom

1:1 Helmets
eFX Stormtrooper
eFX Vader
MR Fett

Books:
Frames
Blueprints
Dressing a Galaxy
Sculpting a Galaxy
Chronicles
Prequel Chronicles
Sounds of Star wars
Posters of Star wars
Vault
The Making of Star Wars
The Making of Empire
The Making of Jedi
*many more; pretty much all the major release items*

Art:
Vanderstadt ep4
Waggoner Vader
Waggoner Fett
Waggoner Stormtrooper
Mitchell Fett
Maell Ep4
Struzen The First Ten Years
Alvin The First ten Years
77' One-Sheet style A
Advance One-Sheet style B
*many more*

*Pre-Orders/Upcoming*

Last edited:
This is about all I expect to have by the end of year.

1:1 Helmets
eFX Stormtrooper
eFX Vader

No, I was just making a reference to George Lucas' announcement that he was retiring from SW this year too.

He said part of the reason he was done was fans yelling at him.

No, I was just making a reference to George Lucas' announcement that he was retiring from SW this year too.

Maybe he should have made better movies.

Funny, I decided 2012 is the year for me to focus on Star Wars collectibles exclusively. And OT only! I got side tracked with Marvel/DC Hot Toys and now I wish I had spent all that on SW instead. That being said, sounds like you have one killer collection man. I would be content too.

People are always yelling at you and telling you you're terrible too?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :)

lol, poor George. If only he wasn't so bullheaded, and didn't go into the prequels pretending he didn't need any help, he could have made some great movies and the fans would still love him.

I remember you have all the OT busts at one point? Actually, weren't you going into PT too?

I still have a few, but they have slowly been sold off. Sideshow's 1:1 busts are just too large to display sometimes. And while eFX may be slow with their releases, they are about as accurate as you can get.

I've also been cutting back on my collecting over the past couple years as well. I just don't have the passion for collecting that I used to have.

I still have a few, but they have slowly been sold off. Sideshow's 1:1 busts are just too large to display sometimes. And while eFX may be slow with their releases, they are about as accurate as you can get.

I've also been cutting back on my collecting over the past couple years as well. I just don't have the passion for collecting that I used to have.

ahh makes sense. I think that feeling is becoming common with allot of us who have been collecting for quite a while. I think having those few select efx pieces will make you happier in the long run.

Maybe he should have made better movies.

lol, poor George. If only he wasn't so bullheaded, and didn't go into the prequels pretending he didn't need any help, he could have made some great movies and the fans would still love him.

Maybe if he had LISTENED to the fans he DEFINITELY would have made better movies. George, the CUSTOMER is always right! :lecture

George considers himself the god of his own creation, even if that creation is incredibly derivative of the early serials he grew up watching. In the making of feature for The Phantom Menace everyone working around Lucas is visibly nervous and just keeps agreeing with all these bad ideas he came up with. George: "I always imagined the Jar Jar creature as having an annoying Jamaican dialect.".....Rick McCallum: "Uh-huh. Just excellent. Great idea!"

Funny, I decided 2012 is the year for me to focus on Star Wars collectibles exclusively. And OT only! I got side tracked with Marvel/DC Hot Toys and now I wish I had spent all that on SW instead. That being said, sounds like you have one killer collection man. I would be content too.

Thanks JPF.

Unless something comes out of nowhere that blows my mind... I think I'm done :(

It's actually a weird feeling because I've been heavily collecting since 2002 - so after 10 years it will feel odd without anything new coming in.

BUT...

I will save some cash...I hope :monkey3

Man with that collection, I'd be content as well! You've got some really great pieces there Mandible! :clap

I feel just as, you do jpf! This year I'm supposed to be exclusive to star wars with some transformers. I too got all wrapped up in HT DC/Marvel hype and now wish I could just of saved that money for future SW stuff.

Thanks JPF.

Unless something comes out of nowhere that blows my mind... I think I'm done :(

It's actually a weird feeling because I've been heavily collecting since 2002 - so after 10 years it will feel odd without anything new coming in.

BUT...

I will save some cash...I hope :monkey3

You definitely will save money. I have been collecting for only a few years and have missed out on several grail pieces (PF Speeder Bike, I'm looking at you:gah:). I just want some good representations of all of the main OT characters, sixth scale or otherwise, and maybe a Dio or two. Planning on using HT Luke, Sideshow's next Vader, and their eventual carbon freezing chamber environment to make the ESB duel scene happen, complete with light up saber mods. That is my current grail. Have a whole shelf waiting for it.:impatient:

Aaahh, got it. Took me a moment.

I think George is simply having a hissy after the rejection of Red tails from the distributors.

BTW, anyone seen Red Tails yet? Thoughts?

depressing.png

As some of you know from Star Wars I only collect Original Trilogy Imperials with minor exceptions. Thus I do not care about Jedi, Rebels, Clones, aliens, Millennium Falcon or X-Wings. A list would take too long to put together.

But you can see my collection here:

Jkno's Imperial collection from Transylvania

Or on youtube here:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-fh2q9U0O8[/ame]

Back