New Video Fly-Through of Skywalker Ranch & Lucasfilm Archives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's pretty cool. I like how they used sounds when they came upon one of the props/costumes. Is the Bluray version longer?

I must be lame, because I thought it was cool.

Thanks for sharing IrishJedi.

I'll wait for the fly-through of Skywalker Ranch 3-D version.

Its a shame really....

What fills the Skywalker Ranch Archives could populated a whole museum, showing off the work of so many very talented artists...

Sadly...it never will....

Thanks for that vid bud...

I refuse to buy the Blu-Rays, Lucas has had enough money from me for the movies...

It kinda reminds me of walking through the SWS facility 7 years back...lovely place, piled high with all these amazing works...

Doc

Its a shame really....

What fills the Skywalker Ranch Archives could populated a whole museum, showing off the work of so many very talented artists...

You bring up a good point. I would love for Lucas to create a museum for all this stuff so he could continue to give something to the fans that would most likely be overwhelmingly positive.

You bring up a good point. I would love for Lucas to create a museum for all this stuff so he could continue to give something to the fans that would most likely be overwhelmingly positive.

They do allow some props and items to go on global tours and such as "The Science of Imagination" touring exhibit. But I really doubt the whole kit and kaboodle will ever be open to the public somewhere. Trust me, the Archives is absolutely MASSIVE. Such an endeavor would require Lucas purchasing a huge piece of property somewhere that is easily accessible. It'd be hugely expensive, and even though they could charge hefty admission prices and such (and even make it a profitable venture) I just don't see it happening.

mad-face.jpg

Its a shame really....

Thanks for that vid bud...

I refuse to buy the Blu-Rays, Lucas has had enough money from me for the movies...

It kinda reminds me of walking through the SWS facility 7 years back...lovely place, piled high with all these amazing works...

Doc

They've done a lot of good exhibits of the most important stuff---but it's not a very good idea to do it to most of the stuff. On exhibits things get damaged from moving around so much, some stuff is too fragile anyways.

Great little video. I've been to the Ranch so it's a fly through memory lane for me.

Back